This awesome Cajun Chicken Pasta Recipe is a copycat of TGI Friday’s Cajun Shrimp and Chicken Pasta dish — hold the shrimp, double the chicken!
So I have three favorite things that I always debate getting when the Hubs and I have a quick date night dinner at TGI Friday’s. It’s always between this Cajun Chicken Pasta, Chicken Fingers and honey mustard, or the Chicken Bruschetta. I’ve pretty much mastered the Chicken Bruschetta, so I go for the Cajun Chicken Pasta pretty much every time.
You might be thinking, “Marci, there isn’t a Cajun Chicken Pasta recipe at TGI Friday’s. What are you talking about?!”
You’re right. There isn’t one on the menu… but I made one. 😉 The TGI Friday’s Cajun Shrimp & Chicken Pasta is AWESOME, but I’m not too wild about their shrimp, so I often double up on the chicken. Voila! Cajun Chicken Pasta is born. 😉
With my whole “eating fresh” thing I have been spending a bit more on our grocery budget and have only been allowing our family to eat out once a week. I feel SO much better and didn’t want to get that nasty bloated and tired feeling I get when I eat out. So I decided to attempt this Cajun Chicken Pasta at home and it turned out pretty damn close to the real deal.
Best of all, it’s SO much cheaper to recreate the dish at home than to eat out. A single plate of Cajun Chicken Pasta costs $14 at TGI Friday’s!
How to Make Cajun Chicken Pasta in 5 Easy Steps
Step #1: To a large skillet, add garlic, peppers, onion, and cayenne pepper.
Step #2: Once the veggies have softened, add in water and tomato sauce.
Step #3: Stir to combine. Let the sauce bubble to thicken.
Tip: The longer you leave the skillet on the heat, the thicker the sauce will get. If you want a runnier sauce, add a bit more water and don’t let it sit on on the heat for too long.
Step #4: Add the cooked fettuccine noodles to your skillet, tossing together with a pair of tongs.
Step #5: Plate and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
Tips for Making Cajun Chicken Pasta
- This is a great recipe to serve to guests. If you are having guests, double the recipe for an amazing dinner!
- Don’t be afraid to change things up. Now, I’ve told you before, but, I’ll tell you again – these recipes are a guide. If your family refuses spicy things, omit the Cayenne pepper. If they don’t care for peppers, add in tomatoes and corn. It will turn out heavenly, I promise!
- You can even add the shrimp back into the recipe. If you like shrimp, go ahead and make it a Cajun Shrimp and Chicken Pasta recipe again!
- Make another TGI Friday’s copycat recipe for dessert. If you like this TGI Friday’s copycat recipe, make sure to check out my TGI Friday’s Copycat Vanilla Bean Cheesecake!
If you like this pasta recipe try these:
- Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas Pasta
- Spicy Shrimp Pasta
- One Pot Creamy Tuscan Chicken Pasta
- Margherita Shrimp Pasta
- Bacon Penne Carbonara
- Garlic Chicken & Broccoli Pasta
I love to see what you are creating in your kitchens! Feel free to share your results of this Cajun Chicken Pasta Recipe with me on Facebook or Instagram. And, be sure to follow me over on Pinterest for more Heavenly Recipes.
Cajun Chicken Pasta (TGI Friday's Copycat)
- 2 Chicken Breasts cooked and sliced (Sprinkle both sides with Garlic Salt, Black Pepper & Cajun Seasoning)
- 1 Box Barilla Fettuccine noodles cooked and drained
- 3 Garlic Cloves minced
- 1 Large Green Pepper sliced
- 1 Large Red Pepper sliced
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper more or less for heat
- 1 C Water
- 1 C Hunt's Tomato Sauce
- In a large skillet add garlic, peppers, onion and cayenne pepper.
- Once the veggies are soft add in water and tomato sauce.
- Stir and let the sauce bubble to thicken. The longer you leave the skillet on the heat the sauce will get thicker. If you want a runnier sauce add a bit more water and don’t let it sit on the heat for too long.
- Add in the cooked fettuccine noodles to your skillet, tossing together with a pair of tongs.
- Plate and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.