How to Make Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
If you’re looking for a party appetizer that everyone loves, this is it! These bacon wrapped shrimps go fast when I put them out on a platter. Perfect for the holidays or any get together really! Make sure you try our bacon wrapped smokies too!
Make sure you use large shrimp for this recipe, if you have smaller then you’ll need to do less time.
What ingredients do I need to make these shrimp appetizers?
- Large Shrimp
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Salted Butter
- Barbecue Sauce
What equipment do I need to make these?
- Mixing bowl
- Baking sheet with a wire rack (this helps contain the grease!)
- Basting brush (to spread BBQ sauce on the shrimp)
At what temperature do you bake bacon wrapped shrimp in the oven?
400 degrees F to make them a bit crisp!
Hope you enjoy these delicious shrimp appetizers for your game day, Christmas party, New Year’s Eve party, etc!
Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
- 3 lb Large Shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 lb Bacon slices cut in half
- 1 Stick salted Butter melted
- ½ Cup Barbecue Sauce
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Add the peeled and deveined shrimp to a bowl and coat with the garlic powder and onion powder. Mix well.
- Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper and place a rack on top. Line the bacon pieces on top and bake in the oven for about 5 minutes – they should only be about half way cooked.
- Remove from the oven and wrap one piece of bacon around each shrimp, hold in place with a tooth pick.
- In a small mixing bowl add the butter and the barbecue sauce and mix well.
- Brush all over the shrimp then place into the oven. Bake for 15 Minutes, remove and eat while hot.