If you are just starting out using a Instant Pot, it can be a little scary and intimidating. But, it doesn’t have to be! If you haven’t done a water test yet, I’d suggest doing that. Also, be sure to read our article on How to Use an Instant Pot before you get started.
I too was a little intimated and quite scared of this device. But, after a few recipes and the Hubby standing by my side (literally, I was that scared) I’ve come to actually prefer the Instant Pot over my beloved Crock-Pot. It cooks everything WAY faster and I love the fact that I can brown meat in the Instant Pot where I can’t do that with the Crock-Pot.
Alright let’s get you making these pulled pork sliders!
What ingredients do I need to make pulled pork sliders?
- pork butt or shoulder
- peppers in adobo sauce
- salt and pepper
- dr. pepper
How do you make spicy pulled pork sliders in the instant pot?
Add in adobo peppers.
TIP: If you don’t want a lot of heat, only use 2-3 peppers for a 2-4 pound pork butt/shoulder. If you enjoy spice, add the whole can and cool it down with a side of cole slaw!
Here’s a few side dishes to serve along side your Pulled Pork Sliders:
- Foiled Potatoes – A Potato and Onion Recipe + Video
- How to Make Garlic Mashed Cauliflower
- Crock-Pot Mac N Cheese
- Green Beans with Bacon in the Instant Pot
- Classic Deviled Eggs
Spicy Pulled Pork Sliders in the Instant Pot
- 2.5 lbs pork loin butt, shoulder (whatever is on sale)
- 1 cup dr. pepper
- 1 onion quartered
- 1 can peppers in adobo sauce
- salt & pepper to taste
- In pressure cooker place pork and season with salt and pepper.
- Add in dr. pepper, peppers and onion.
- Put sealing valve to SEAL.
- PRESSURE COOK for 45 minutes. Allow to sit and release pressure on it's own for 10-15 minutes.
- Then release valve to VENTING.
- Shred with fork, skim off any fat.
Leave a Reply