Once you nibble on these Instant Pot Green Beans and Bacon , you won’t go back! They are simply heavenly as the green beans are cooked in bacon, onions and garlic. The flavors are divine!
Now some folks are saying, well, I can saute green beans in my skillet. Yes, you can, but, you can’t make 3 lbs of green beans in a skillet!
Green Beans are a staple in homes across America! Whether you enjoy the traditional Green Bean Casserole Recipe or Roasted Green Beans you’re gonna be impressed with how simple, easy and delicious this recipe is to put together.
I like to put the kids to work trimming the green beans, while I am chopping up the bacon and onions for this recipe. It’s team work, that brings these Green Beans and Bacon recipe together. Then, it’s the quickness of the Instant Pot that does the real work!
What is Green Beans and Bacon Recipe?
It’s just that, Green Beans and Bacon! I like to add in a little onion and garlic for flavor. Once the Green Beans and Bacon have cooked, I throw on some salt and pepper. You are gonna want what seems like a lot of salt 😉
More Instant Pot Recipes to Try
Quite a few of our Instant Pot Recipes have been very popular across social media. Here’s a few of our readers favorite pressure cooker recipes that we hope you’ll also try!
- Pressure Cooker Pulled Pork
- Philly Cheese Steak Sliders
- Easy Cheesecake (Deathy by Chocolate Cheesecake)
- Cavatappi Noodles with Beef Ragu
- Instant Pot Boiled Eggs
- Instant Pot Rice Pudding (one of my personal favorite recipes!)
How to Make Green Beans and Bacon – Step by Step
There’s a few different ways that you can make Green Beans and Bacon. You can make Green Beans and Bacon in the Crock-Pot, on the stove top, in the oven and now in the Instant Pot!
First, you’ll want to wash and trim the green beans.
Next, add everything into the Instant Pot. First, add in the green beans and then the onion.
Be sure to add the garlic next.
And you can’t forget the bacon!!!!
Make sure valve is set to sealing and NOT venting.
Set your Instant Pot to Pressure Cook and set the timer to 7 minutes.
Allow the Instant Pot to do it’s thing. After the beeper has gone off, give it 2-3 minutes to let it vent by itself. Then carefully, move the valve to VENTING. BE CAREFUL the steam will escape rather quickly!
Once the steam has escaped all the way (you won’t be able to see anymore steam) you can now open the lid to the Instant Pot. It’s still super hot, so be careful when removing the lid.
Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
Tips for Making the Perfect Green Beans and Bacon Recipe
This recipe is really pretty easy to make!
- If you are using pre-packaged green beans that are already trimmed, add 1/4 c of water with the green beans into the Instant Pot.
- If you are using fresh green beans, as long as you rinse them off in water you are good and DO NOT need to add any water (this is the process I use!).
- Using canned green beans? Great, drain and add to the instant pot. No need to add water.
- Don’t add salt to the Instant Pot before the cooking process, it will evaporate.
- Overcook the bacon! Trust me on this. During the cooking process, the bacon becomes soft again due to all the steam. It won’t be crunchy. If you want crunchy bacon, add more bacon to the Instant Pot after the cooking process, before you serve.
Variations to Green Beans and Bacon Recipe
- Substitute bacon for ham.
- After the cooking process you can add tomatoes, Parmesan cheese, etc.
More Recipe You Might Like:
- Sweet Pea Salad with Bacon
- Easy Asparagus Recipe with Lemon
- Slow Cooker Chicken and Stuffing
- Cinnamon Apples
Green Beans and Bacon in the Instant Pot
- 3 lbs green beans trimmed
- 1 onion diced
- 3 slices bacon cooked & chopped
- 2 tbsp garlic minced
- Place green beans, onion, garlic and bacon into the Instant Pot.
- Be sure to stir until mixed well.
- Place lid on Instant Pot ensurring the valve is set to SEALING.
- PRESSURE COOK on HIGH for 6 minutes.
- Once the beeper goes off on the Instant Pot, allow to self steam for 2-3 minutes. When there is no more steam coming out, go ahead and carefully move the valve to VENTING. Be careful as there will be a lot of steam escaping.
- After the venting has happened and no more steam is escape, remove the lid. Be careful as it is still hot and will steam.
- Season according to taste, with salt and pepper.
- If you are using pre-packaged green beans that are already trimmed, add 1/4 c of water with the green beans into the Instant Pot. If you rinsed and washed your green beans there's no need to add any water as the steam from the instant pot will leave them super soggy.
Try These Reader Favorite Instant Pot Recipes
Quite a few of our Instant Pot Recipes have been very popular across social media. Here's a few of our readers favorite instant pot recipes that we hope you'll also try!
Try These Reader Favorite Side Dish Recipes
Quite a few of our Side Recipes have been very popular across social media. Here's a few of our readers favorite keto recipes that we hope you'll also try!