On Christmas morning, there will be some important supplies you need before you start opening Christmas gifts. These are the must-have items you need in your Christmas morning basket!
It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas! Make a mug of hot cocoa, top it with homemade whipped cream, and grab an empty basket. I’m going to share these gift opening essentials.
Christmas morning is…well…controlled chaos? For us I try and wake up before everyone else so that I can plug the Christmas tree in, get my coffee, make sure the settings are correct on my Canon camera and to wait for those little voices to whisper and the tip toes on the hardwood floor!
It’s then I’ll jump up, make them wait patiently in the hallway so I can grab my camera and turn it on, and then get the expression on their face once they realize Santa in fact showed up at their house overnight. It’s truly the magic moment for me. I want to capture that second.
Alright, so once the presents have been opened, you put your Blueberry Cinnamon Roll French Toast in the oven and the kids are seemingly getting anxious to play with all the new toys Santa just dropped off, you’ll want to grab your Christmas Morning Basket that you’ve put together.
Must-Have Items for Christmas Morning
I’m about to blow your mind and save your sanity for Christmas morning. Are you ready? Place these items in your basket:
These must-have items will keep everyone sane and calm all at the same time. Plus, you won’t have to head into the freezing garage looking for a lot of these items.
So let’s get started with your must have items in your Christmas Morning Basket, shall we?
- Batteries (all of them, 9V, AA, AAA
- Wire Cutters….YES, wire cutters!
- Your camera with a charged battery
- Your video camera with a charged battery
- Phillips Head Screw Driver
- Flat Head Screw Driver
- 2 Garbage Bags for all the wrapping paper (please, don’t burn wrapping paper in your fireplace)
- Butter knife (Only if your kid insists on doing everything them self, they at least won’t bleed!)
- A snack (granola bar, fruit gummies, etc.)
- A water bottle for each person
- Box cutter (keep out of reach of little kiddos)
Now that you have this nice little Christmas morning list, what else would you add? I know the wire cutters are a MUST in this house with the little kids. I don’t know why there’s gotta be so many wire ties holding these toys in…what’s up with that anyway?