Cinnamon Roll French Toast Casserole takes cinnamon rolls to the next level! Sprinkle some blueberries on the cinnamon roll french toast bake for a decadent sweet breakfast that’s heavenly baked & perfect for any morning!
Cinnamon roll french toast is the PERFECT breakfast recipe for any morning. However, it’s also extremely perfect for holidays too like Christmas and to surprise Mom with on Mother’s Day!
The recipe literally consists of cinnamon rolls. a french toast agent, pop in some blueberries for a gorgeous pop of color and top with the delicious cream cheese icing! OH, and it’s all totally done in under 30 minutes!
While recovering from extensive foot surgery, I needed a great tasting warm breakfast. There were days when I could barely manage to get a bowl of cereal, granola or a fruit salad for everyone. On other days, I could pull together Bob Evans sausage with a side of toast. It was a rough time, but like everyone, I did the best I could each day.
What to Serve with Cinnamon roll Bake
While this recipe is not the healthiest recipe I have made, the kids love it and that is important. There is nothing wrong with a special breakfast now and again. If you want ways to make this breakfast a little healthier you can try:
- Add a Smoothie. I have a lot of great tasting smoothie recipes. These taste amazing and the kids love them. It will help fill the kids up while they enjoy a small piece of this cinnamon roll casserole. Try smoothies like : Mixed Berry Smoothie, Blueberry Muffin Smoothie, A healthier Birthday Cake Smoothie
- Bacon and Egg Cups– Use these egg cups to round out the meal
Variations to Cinnamon Roll French Toast Casserole
Now I saw this video for these Cinnamon Roll French Toast Bake. It looked AMAZING. But, I wanted to skip all that butter and syrup and throw in something “healthy” so I came up with my own version. You can also try:
- Raisins or Cranberries
- Pecans or Walnuts
- Feeding a crowd? Double or triple the recipe and put in a 9×13 baking dish.
- Need to save time? Make everything the night before. Keeping the liquid separate & covering the cinnamon rolls so that they don’t dry out. In the morning, pour the mixture over the cinnamon rolls and bake! Your house will smell AMAZING!
Ingredients for Cinnamon Roll Bake
- Cinnamon Rolls
- Vanilla Extract
- Ground Cinnamon
How to Make Cinnamon roll french toast
Preheat oven to 375 and grease a 9×9 baking dish.
In a medium bowl mix together egg, milk, vanilla, and ground cinnamon until combined.
Cut cinnamon rolls into bite sized pieces.
In bowl mix together cinnamon rolls and blueberries.
Pour cinnamon rolls and blueberries into the greased baking dish. Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown and delicious.
Remove from oven and pour over the icing from the Cinnamon Rolls. Enjoy!
Other Breakfast Recipes That You’ll LOVE:
- Momma’s Biscuits and Gravy
- TT’s Simple Cinnamon French Toast
- Cinnamon Roll Pancakes
- Homemade and Baked Chocolate Donuts
- Apple Snack Cake
- Blueberry French Toast Casserole
★ Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!
Cinnamon Roll French Toast Bake
- 1 Can Cinnamon Rolls cubed
- 1 1/2 C Blueberries
- 1 egg
- 1/2 C Milk
- 2 TSP Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 TSP Ground Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Grease a 9×9 baking dish.
- Place diced cinnamon rolls in dish along with blueberries.
- In medium bowl mix together egg, milk, vanilla and ground cinnamon until combined.
- Pour egg mixture evenly into the pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown and delicious.
- Pour over the icing from the Cinnamon Rolls.