Lemon pasta with shrimp is a delicious and light pasta dish, perfect for a quick weeknight dinner. This easy spaghetti recipe is a family favorite!
I can’t take full credit for this Lemon Pasta with Shrimp recipe. This one is from one of my all time favorite Food Network Chefs, Giada.
Yeah, I call her Giada. It’s like we are BFF’s! Seriously I have two weaknesses – Italian Food and ANYTHING chocolate. So when I got on my health kick, I told myself that I was going to eat DELICIOUS food and still nibble on the carbs, just in moderation.
I love shrimp dinners because shrimp is light, cooks up in literally a few minutes and can be flavored in so many different ways.
In the mood for spicy? No worries, give it a little cajun or cayenne pepper to bring the heat. Want something a little different? This Lemon Spaghetti with Shrimp Recipe is a twist on the traditional pasta recipe and seriously soooo good!
If you enjoy this recipe, try our Bacon Penne Carbonara Recipe.
Now you can’t tell me that you don’t want to lick the screen right now. I know I do. Like I seriously just want to go to the store, grab some shrimp and lemons and get busy making this lemon pasta recipe. It’s so refreshing and packed full of a lemony flavor.
So if you love lemons, shrimp and spaghetti, this lemon pasta recipe is for you. Now you can also switch the shrimp out for a chicken breast if you’d like. Just be sure to season that chicken really well.
Do you have a favorite pasta recipe? Feel free to share it HERE.
How to Make Lemon Pasta with Shrimp
Lemon Pasta With Shrimp
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 pound large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice about 2 large lemons
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- For the shrimp: In a medium skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Sprinkle the shrimp with the salt and pepper, then add to the pan in a single layer and cook until pink and cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. Set aside.
- For the pasta: Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking, about 8 minutes. Drain the pasta, reserving the pasta water.
- While the pasta is cooking, whisk together the olive oil, Parmesan, lemon zest and juice in a large bowl. Toss the drained pasta with the lemon sauce, the shrimp and some of the reserved pasta water; add 1/4 cup at a time as needed to moisten. Add the salt, pepper and basil and toss. Garnish with the fresh parsley if desired.
Want some more easy pasta dinner recipes? Check these out:
I hope that you’ll give at least one of these pasta recipes a try! Then be sure to come back and let me know if you and your family enjoyed it as much as my family has.