Lemon pasta with shrimp is a delicious and light pasta dish, perfect for a quick weeknight dinner. This easy spaghetti recipe is a family favorite!
I can’t take full credit for this Lemon Pasta with Shrimp recipe. This one is from one of my all time favorite Food Network Chefs, Giada.
Yeah, I call her Giada. It’s like we are BFF’s! Seriously I have two weaknesses – Italian Food and ANYTHING chocolate. So when I got on my health kick, I told myself that I was going to eat DELICIOUS food and still nibble on the carbs, just in moderation.
I love shrimp dinners because shrimp is light, cooks up in literally a few minutes and can be flavored in so many different ways.
In the mood for spicy? No worries, give it a little cajun or cayenne pepper to bring the heat. Want something a little different? This Lemon Spaghetti with Shrimp Recipe is a twist on the traditional pasta recipe and seriously soooo good!
Now you can’t tell me that you don’t want to lick the screen right now. I know I do. Like I seriously just want to go to the store, grab some shrimp and lemons and get busy making this lemon pasta recipe. It’s so refreshing and packed full of a lemony flavor.
So if you love lemons, shrimp and spaghetti, this lemon pasta recipe is for you. Now you can also switch the shrimp out for a chicken breast if you’d like. Just be sure to season that chicken really well.
Do you have a favorite pasta recipe? Feel free to share it HERE.
How to Make Lemon Pasta with Shrimp
★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
Lemon Pasta With Shrimp
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 pound large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice about 2 large lemons
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- For the shrimp: In a medium skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Sprinkle the shrimp with the salt and pepper, then add to the pan in a single layer and cook until pink and cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. Set aside.
- For the pasta: Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking, about 8 minutes. Drain the pasta, reserving the pasta water.
- While the pasta is cooking, whisk together the olive oil, Parmesan, lemon zest and juice in a large bowl. Toss the drained pasta with the lemon sauce, the shrimp and some of the reserved pasta water; add 1/4 cup at a time as needed to moisten. Add the salt, pepper and basil and toss. Garnish with the fresh parsley if desired.
Want some more easy pasta dinner recipes? Check these out:
I hope that you’ll give at least one of these pasta recipes a try! Then be sure to come back and let me know if you and your family enjoyed it as much as my family has.