Delicious Salmon with a Honey Glaze
One of my favorite meals to make is this honey garlic salmon recipe for dinner! It’s always a crowd pleaser and goes great with mashed potatoes/asparagus.
What ingredients do I need to make this honey salmon?
- Olive oil
- Salmon fillets
- Salt and Pepper
- Garlic cloves
- Red pepper flakes
- Rice vinegar
- Ginger root, fresh
- Green onion
- Parsley to garnish
What is the most popular way to cook salmon?
Pan frying is one of the best ways to cook salmon. It gives it a crispy texture on the outside and is a quick and easy way to have dinner ready in 30 minutes or less. You could also use an air fryer or oven.
Do you eat salmon skin?
Salmon skin is perfectly safe to eat, however it is a personal choice. You can always ask the fish monger at the seafood counter to remove the skin for you.
Honey Garlic Salmon
- 2 ½ tablespoons olive oil divided
- 4 Salmon fillets 4-6 oz
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- ⅓ cup honey
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons ginger root, fresh grated
- 1 green onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- parsley to garnish
- Heat a cast iron skillet over medium heat.
- Add a ½ tablespoon of olive oil to the pan.
- Season the salmon with salt and pepper.
- Once the pan is hot and the oil is sizzling, add the salmon to the skillet. Cook on the first side for 4 minutes, then carefully flip the fillets to the other side and continue to cook for an additional 4 minutes or until done to your liking.
- While the salmon is cooking, mix the remaining olive oil, minced garlic, honey, lemon zest, lemon juice, red pepper flakes, rice vinegar, grated ginger root, chopped green onion and cornstarch in a small bowl.
- Once the salmon has finished cooking, remove the salmon from the pan and cover with foil to keep warm.
- In the same skillet the salmon cooked in, add the glaze ingredients. Stir well with a spoon until the glaze has thickened, this will take about 1-2 minutes.
- Return the salmon back to the skillet and coat the salmon with the honey garlic glaze. Garnish with fresh parsley. Serve immediately.
Leftovers will keep in an airtight container for 1-2 days. Reheat in the microwave for 60-90 seconds.