Looking for an amazing soup idea that is easy to make, inexpensive and filling? Wait until you try Beer Cheese Soup with Smoked Sausage. This soup is classic comfort food and is stick to your ribs good.
When it comes to soup, I could eat it all the time. For a lot of people, they get stuck thinking that soup is a light dinner and don’t want to make it when they need something filling. With this soup, you will not have to worry about it not filling everyone up.
What to Serve with Beer Cheese Soup
I love this soup in a bread bowl you can serve it in a regular bowl. If you are not using a bread bowl, you can try:
If you are serving this as part of a dinner party or having guests you can also consider
- Tomato and Mozzarella Salad
- Cracker Barrel Carrots
- TGI Friday Cheesecakecopycat-vanilla-bean-cheesecake/
Variations to Beer Cheese Soup
I love this soup and there are easy ways to change it up.
- Ground meat: If you want to change the taste slightly or don’t have sausage on hand, simply change the meat to ground beef, chicken or ground sausage.
- Spicy: You can use spicy sausage instead to give this a kick.
- Broccoli or carrots: If you want to add something to the soup, try adding broccoli or carrots.
Ingredients in Beer Cheese Soup with Smoked Sausage
- Smoked Sausage
- Unsalted Butter
- Chicken Broth
- Red Potatoes
- Velveeta Cheese
- Whole Milk
- Heaving Whipping Cream
- Black Pepper
- Onion Powder
How to Make Beer Cheese Soup
Start by dicing your smoked sausage into 1-inch slices.
Take your diced sausage and butter and place them in your pot.
Cook until slightly brown.
Add the chicken broth and potatoes bring to a boil.
After you bring them to a boil reduce heat and let simmer for 10 minutes.
Mash the potatoes slightly.
Add your milk, cream, beer, Velveeta, onion powder and salt and pepper.
Cook for an additional 10 mins stirring occasionally.
Once cheese is melted, remove from heat and let thicken.
Beer Cheese Soup with Smoked Sausage
- 1 lb. of Smoked Sausage
- 2 tablespoons of Unsalted Butter
- 3 cups of Chicken Broth
- 6 Red Potatoes cut into 1 inch squares
- 1 1/2 lb. of Velveeta Cheese cut into 1 inch squares
- 1 cup of Whole Milk.
- 1 cup of Heaving Whipping Cream
- 1/2 cup of Beer
- 1/4 teaspoon of Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon of Onion Powder
- Salt for Taste
- Chives for Garnish
- Start by dicing your smoked sausage into 1-inch slices.
- Take your diced sausage and butter and place them in your pot
- Cook until slightly brown.
- Add the chicken broth and potatoes bring to a boil.
- After you bring them to a boil reduce heat and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Mash the potatoes slightly.
- Add your milk, cream, beer, Velveeta, onion powder and salt and pepper.
- Cook for an additional 10 mins stirring occasionally.
- One cheese is melted, remove from heat and let thicken.
Try These Reader Favorite Dinner Recipes
Quite a few of our Dinner Recipes have been very popular across social media. Here's a few of our readers favorite dinner recipes that we hope you'll also try!