It’s Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup to the rescue on these cold days when you just need to warm up! We all love a good, classic Chicken Noodle soup, right? Now you can make it in your slow cooker to free up your time to do the rest of the stuff that keeps you busy throughout the day!
This Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup is a staple around my house during cold and flu season too! I mean, chicken noodle soup has been proven to be helpful for healing a cold, right? I remember reading studies that showed that the ingredients in a bowl of chicken noodle soup may assist in helping to clean up the nasal congestion that comes with the cold and flu.
Slow cooker chicken noodle soup is also really good for those days when you just don’t have time to stand at the stove cooking at the end of the day. Parents, you know what I am talking about. By the time we do school drop-offs, work, then sports or other activities, there is literally no time leftover. That’s why slow cooker meals come in handy so often!
Slow cooker chicken noodle soup makes a great dinner to take to your friends and family when their life gets hectic too! Are you one of those people who pride themselves on taking dinner to your sick neighbor, or helping a new mom with meals those first couple weeks of motherhood? I am, and soup is always a hit!
With all of the things that are great about this Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle soup, you probably think that it is difficult to make. It is not! It’s so simple to do, it will definitely go on your easy-dinner options list.
WHY IT WORKS:
- It cooks all day while you are busy, so you don’t have to stress!
- It’s hearty, delicious and will warm you up on these cold winter days.
- Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle soup makes a delicious dinner for those nights when you are feeling under the weather.
- It makes great leftover lunch for the next day.
- Looking to go gluten-free? You can actually omit the pasta in this recipe and it will still taste great.
- Double up your recipe to make sure you have plenty of leftovers for the next day or two.
- Make sure to only put the pasta in for 20-25 minutes. Much longer than that and it will get mushy.
- Store it in an airtight container in your fridge to serve for lunch the next day!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO MAKE SLOW COOKER CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP
- 2 chicken breasts (skinless & boneless)
- salt and pepper
- chicken broth
HOW TO MAKE SLOW COOKER CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP
This recipe is all about layering the ingredients into the slow cooker and leaving it along for 6-8 hours!
You’ll simply combine chicken, onion, carrots, celery, rosemary, and garlic, and season generously with salt and pepper. Pour in broth.
Cook on low for 6 1/2 – 7 hours.
Once done, remove chicken breasts and rosemary. Shred the chicken and add pasta to the broth.
Cover and allow to cook for about 20-25 minutes.
Return chicken back to your crock pot. Stir and serve!
OTHER RECIPES YOU’LL ENJOY
- Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan Pasta Recipe
- Slow Cooker Time Chart (High vs. Low) + FREE Printable
- Spicy Crock Pot Pulled Pork + Video
- Slow Cooker Green Beans + Video
★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
SLOW COOKER CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP
- 2 chicken breasts skinless & boneless
- 1 onion chopped (large)
- 2 carrots peeled and sliced into coins
- 2 celery stalks sliced
- 1 sprig rosemary fresh
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- sea salt and cracked pepper to taste
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup ditalini pasta
- Combine chicken, onion, carrots, celery, rosemary, and garlic, and season generously with salt and pepper. Pour in broth.
- Cook on low for 6 1/2 - 7 hours.
- Once done, remove chicken breasts and rosemary. Shred the chicken and add pasta to the broth.
- Cover and allow to cook for about 20-25 minutes.
- Return chicken back to your crock pot. Stir and serve!
Try These Reader Favorite Slow Cooker Recipes
Quite a few of our Slow Cooker Recipes have been very popular across social media. Here's a few of our readers favorite slow cooker recipes that we hope you'll also try!