Make some fun candy cane cookies this Christmas! They are so fun to make with the kids or at a party!
Prep Time 25 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Servings 2 dozen
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup shortening
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ almond extract
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp salt
- red and green food coloring
- Cream together butter and shortening. Add confectioners sugar, egg, and extracts.
- Blend flour and salt. Add the flour mixture and blend on low spread until incorporated.
- Divide dough into 3 sections and mix red food coloring into one, green into another, and leave one plain.
- Wrap dough separately in plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Flour rolling board. Using fingers, roll a pinch of two different color doughs into long ropes. Twist ropes together and hook one end to form a candy cane. Transfer to cookie sheets.
- Bake at 375° for 10 minutes or just golden.