Got some chicken breasts to cook up? I always have trouble coming up with recipes to switch up the normal menu. Try this creamy tuscan chicken recipe for your dinner! It’s fantastic over noodles, potatoes, or even rice!
It’s our family favorite meal to make on a week night. And it’s half way healthy, there’s spinach 😉
The bacon just gives tons of flavor to the creamy sauce!
Creamy Tuscan Chicken
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts around 20 oz (note 1)
- 3 cups spinach roughly chopped (note 2)
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 small onion diced
- 5 slices bacon cut into pieces
- ½ cup sun dried tomatoes in oil drained
- 1.5 cups heavy cream
- ½ cup parmesan cheese grated
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the chicken breasts lengthwise to get 4 thin pieces.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Heat up the oil in a pan over medium high heat and add the chicken.
- Fry from both sides until cooked, around 5-7 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the pan, put on a plate and cover with tin foil.
- In the same pan, add the bacon and cook for 2-3 minutes until slightly brown.
- Add the garlic and onion and cook until soft and brown.
- Add the sundried tomatoes and the spinach and cook until the spinach has wilted.
- Pour the heavy cream into the pan and bring to a boil.
- Add the parmesan cheese, stir and cook for 3-4 minutes over low to medium heat until the sauce begins to thicken. (It should look like the process shot number 12 )
- Add salt and pepper to taste and serve with pasta or bread!
Try These Reader Favorite Dinner Recipes
Quite a few of our Dinner Recipes have been very popular across social media. Here's a few of our readers favorite dinner recipes that we hope you'll also try!