Recipe for White Chicken Chili
Make my favorite comfort soup in the fall and winter time…white chicken chili! It’s delicious and makes great leftovers for your family.
White Chicken Chili
- 3 tbsp Butter, unsalted
- 1 Large yellow onion diced
- 2 Jalapenos deseeded and diced
- 5 Garlic cloves minced
- 3 tbsp All purpose flour
- 6 cups Chicken broth
- ⅓ cup Half n Half
- 1 tbsp Mexene Chili Powder Mix
- ¼ tsp Red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- ½ tsp Mustard Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Black pepper
- 2 4oz Cans Green Chilies
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 1 Can Whole Corn (15oz)
- 2 Cans Cannellini Beans (15oz)
- 8oz Cream Cheese softened
- Optional Toppings: Cilantro, sour cream, avocado, green onions, tortilla chips
- Add the butter to a large Dutch oven and place over medium-high heat to melt.
- Add the diced onions and jalapenos and cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the minced garlic and continue to cook about another 2 minutes – until the garlic is fragrant,
- Add the flour, stir in, and allow to cook a few minutes.
- Slowly pour in the broth, while stirring constantly.
- Followed by the half n half cream.
- Add the chili powder mix, red pepper flakes, worcestershire sauce, mustard powder and canned chilies. Give a good stir, then cover. Allow to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper, then drop the breasts into the dutch oven.
- Cover again and simmer for about 20 minutes. Remove the chicken breasts to a plate and shred with 2 forks.
- Add back to the pot, along with the corn and cannelloni beans and give it a stir.
- Serve with any toppings you like!