How to Make Potato Leek Soup
Potage parmentier, or potato leek soup, is a traditional French dish. For those days when you want to meal prep and have something to eat when you don’t have time to prepare, a large batch of homemade potato leek soup is the ideal solution!
What is in potato leek soup?
- Olive Oil
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Onion Powd
- Garlic Powder
- Russet Potatoes
- Vegetable Broth
- Half and Half
Potato Leek Soup
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 large Leek chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic finely chopped
- 1 ½ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- ¼ tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 6 medium Russet Potatoes peeled and chopped
- 8 cups Vegetable Broth
- ¾ cup Half and Half
- In a large pot, add the olive oil. Place the pot on medium heat. Once the oil has warmed, add the chopped leek and garlic.
- Once the leek and garlic are becoming fragrant, add the salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, onion powder, and garlic powder. Stir to combine.
- Add in the peeled and chopped potatoes and stir to combine.
- Add in the vegetable broth. Cover and bring the soup to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce the heat to low, cover, and allow the soup to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Once done simmering, take your immersion blender (if you do not have one, use a food processor or a blender for this step) and blend your soup until nice and smooth.
- Add the half and half and stir to combine. Bring the soup back up to temperature (about 3 minutes).
- Taste the soup and season with additional salt and pepper if necessary.
- Serve immediately.