One of my favorite kielbasa recipes is this sweet and sour dinner! The peppers are so tender and the flavors are amazing over a plate of rice. Make sure to also try our cheesy kielbasa crockpot meal and our kielbasa green bean potato meal!
What ingredients do I need to make this meal?
- Pineapple tidbits
- BBQ sauce
- Tomato paste
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Ground ginger
- Bell peppers sliced
- Red onion
- Kielbasa sausage
- Salt and pepper
This sweet and sour recipe is perfect for those cold nights to enjoy!
- Storage: Once completely cooled, place in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Re-warm: If you want to warm it up slowly you can put it back in the slow cooker or I like it in the air fryer at 330 for 4 to 5 minutes
- Have fun with the recipe:
- Make it spicy: Add a pinch of cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes while it cooks
- Make it kid-friendly: Use a sweet BBQ sauce
- Make it Deluxe: Serve with fresh chopped herbs and fresh grated cheese. Add a side of slow-cooked onion and mushrooms.
Sweet and Sour Kielbasa
- 1 can pineapple tidbits 20 ounces, undrained
- ½ cup honey
- 1 cup BBQ sauce use your favorite, sweet BBQ sauce for a sweet final flavor or spicy for a spicier flavor
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 bell peppers sliced
- 1 cup small red onion, chopped (I chopped big pieces, if you only have a big onion, chop about ¼ of the onion it is about equivalent to 1 cup)
- 1 12 ounces Kielbasa, cut into ½-inch thick slices
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pour the pineapple tidbits into the slow cooker.
- Add the honey, BBQ sauce, tomato paste, garlic powder, onion powder, and ground ginger. Mix well.
- Add the chopped peppers and red onion.
- Add the sliced Kielbasa and mix so all ingredients are well blended together.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 6 hours.
- Serve over rice!