Make this delicious coconut chicken curry for your family dinner!
The flavors are bursting and you won’t be able to stop eating it!
There’s nothing better than making thai food at home. It’s cheaper too!
Thai Coconut Chicken Curry
- 1 13.5 ounce can of coconut milk
- 3 ½ tablespoons of red Thai curry paste
- 1 large white onion finely diced
- 1 tablespoon of ginger paste/finely minced ginger
- 1 ½ tablespoon of garlic paste/finely minced garlic
- 1 red bell pepper sliced with the seeds removed
- 1 yellow bell pepper sliced with the seeds removed
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of black pepper
- 2 ½ tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1 bay leaf
- ¼ cup of soy sauce
- Heat the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook until it becomes translucent.
- Then add the curry paste, garlic, ginger, salt and pepper. Stir and cook until the garlic becomes fragrant.
- Add the bell pepper slices and cook until they become slightly soft.
- Push the veggies to the sides of the pan and cook the chicken in the center.
- Stir everything together and pour in the coconut milk, soy sauce and bay leaf.
- Cook until the curry has reduced a bit, stirring every 2-3 minutes to prevent it from burning.
- Once cooked, serve over some white rice and topped with cashews and fresh cilantro.
Try These Reader Favorite Dinner Recipes
Quite a few of our Dinner Recipes have been very popular across social media. Here's a few of our readers favorite dinner recipes that we hope you'll also try!