Avocado Chicken Salad with green onions is an easy and healthy meal prep recipe to make on Sunday night to serve for lunches throughout the week.
How do you make a healthy chicken salad sandwich?
By looking at the picture of the avocado chicken salad sandwich, you would NEVER guess that there is a entire fresh avocado used in the recipe.
It’s glorious, and a great way to sneak a healthy fat into your diet.
There are a lot of health benefits of avocados! Avocados are:
- high in protein
- rich in vitamin K
- vitamin B
- vitamin C, and
- vitamin E
So the next time you *think* you won’t eat an avocado, rethink that, because I did and have come to LOVE them!
I always *thought* I hated avocados. I mean they just look nasty from the outside, am I right?!? As I’ve been on this “eating right” thing I’m on, I’ve come to realize there are A LOT of fruits and vegetables I have never tried, so I decided to expand my taste buds a bit.
How do you make avocado chicken salad?
Boil or poach the chicken. To do that in a large pot, place chicken and cover with water and/or chicken broth. The chicken broth just gives added flavor to the chicken.
Remove the chicken once cooked through, about 8-10 minutes of a steady boil.
Place in food processor or using a hand mixer shred chicken.
Add remaining ingredients to the food processor and combine until mixed well.
Serve on a croissant, toast, bread or just eat it with a fork!
How long does avocado chicken salad last in the fridge?
When kept in an airtight container in the refrigerator, the chicken salad will stay fresh for about 5 days. Unfortunately, it does not freeze well.
Other Recipes You’ll Enjoy
- Cold Potato Salad + Video
- How to Make Garlic Mashed Cauliflower
- Instant Pot Taco Soup
- Homemade Granola Recipe
- Honey Garlic Salmon + Recipe Video
★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
Avocado Chicken Salad
- 3 Chicken Breasts boiled
- 1 C Chicken Broth
- 2-3 C Water
- 1 Avocado
- 1/2 C Green Onion chopped
- 1 TBSP Light Mayo
- Salt & Pepper To Taste
- In a large pot, place chicken breasts in water or chicken broth or a combo. Boil the chicken until cooked through, about 8-10 minutes.
- Place cooked chicken breast and shred with a food processor or mixer.
- Add in chicken broth, water, avocado, green onion, mayo and salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve on a croissant, toasted bread or with crackers for a delicious and light lunch.