Toss up this incredibly easy Tomato Mozzarella Salad! It’s so easy, you’ll be able to master it in no time!
This tomato and mozzarella salad is so easy, you’ll be done with it in no time! As work gets you busy, you’ll be wanting to have a list of no-fail and super easy recipes in your kitchen like this salad. The beauty of it is that you can add more onto it when you want more than just a light lunch. When you have the time to make it more sophisticated, it makes for a delicious side dish to your favorite meat.
Mozzarella cheese really helps get more veggies in your family’s diet! This is especially true if you have picky eaters at home. This salad has generous portions of mozzarella sticks that they just won’t be able to resist having it with the tomatoes.
Why it Works:
- The freshness of cherry tomatoes bursting with flavor complements the other textures in the salad.
- Soft mozzarella bites add a milky taste to the peppery basil and tangy tomatoes.
- This cool salad can be served as a side dish to a hearty meal or as part of a snack platter.
- Add in some fresh red onion for a more impactful taste to the salad.
- If you’re using regular tomatoes larger mozzarella blocks, you have the option of slicing them like you would for sandwiches and layer them one on top of the other. This adds a visual twist to this yummy salad!
- Add more nutrition and put in some avocado slices!
- Make the salad sweet by throwing in some corn into the mix. That sounds yummy!
- For some added crunch, you can add in some asparagus and quinoa.
- Make it into a meal by adding in some swirly pasta noodles! This will also be great for school and work lunchboxes!
- For a pop of color and flavor, put in some black olives. It’s sure to make your salad look and taste delicious!
- Pack some of this salad for lunch at school or work along with some bread.
- Why not serve it with some grilled eggplant and slices of lamb steak? Ooh, that sounds good!
- This salad is best served cold! If you’re wanting to bring this to a house party, make sure you put it in a cooler. If the party’s at your house, place the salad bowl in a bigger container with ice to keep it cool throughout the event!
What you’ll need to make this Tomato and Mozzarella Salad:
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- 2 pcs String Cheese, sliced into bite-size pieces
- 1-2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Basil (prefer fresh, but, dried works too)
- Salt and Pepper to Taste (don’t be stingy on the salt)
- Red Onion (optional)
How to prepare this super easy and super tasty Tomato and Mozzarella Salad:
Throw all the ingredients into a bowl and mix.
Refrigerate for 10-20 minutes and serve!
Weight Watchers FreeStyle Plan SmartPoints: 7 SmartPoints for an entire batch when using light string cheese and only 1 tablespoon olive oil
Other salads you might want to try:
★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
Tomato and Mozzarella Salad
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 pcs string cheese, sliced into bite-size pieces
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp basil (prefer fresh, but, dried works too)
- salt and pepper to taste
- red onion (optional)
- Throw all the ingredients into a bowl and mix.
- Refrigerate for 10-20 minutes and serve!