This caramel apple Snickers salad is a fun fall recipe will get your kids to really rethink their definition of what a salad is! Perfect for potlucks and entertaining, this autumn treat is a family favorite and so, so easy.
This caramel apple Snickers salad is an easy winner at home! Your family will be looking forward to this dessert when apple season comes around. I imagine this to be a total hit, especially at Halloween parties. If you’re ambitious, you can even make Halloween themed cookies or ladyfingers with a dollop of this salad on top. You’ll be remembered in your neighborhood as a top spot for trick-or-treating!
Make it extra special by getting the family to help. Delicious food, no matter how simple it is, is made more awesome when you have the help of your family in the kitchen. Making this caramel apple Snickers salad with big and small helping hands will definitely create happy memories in the kitchen.
Please any crowd with this yummy dessert. Prepare and bring this to any birthday, potluck and holiday gathering and you won’t have to worry about bringing home any leftovers. Your guests might even ask for seconds!
WHY THIS RECIPE WORKS:
- Granny Smith apples give that tartness that complements the sweetness of the rest of the ingredients in this easy fall dessert.
- The crunch of nuts and sweetness of chocolate in the Snickers bars makes this recipe a sure win at the dining table.
- The combination of instant pudding with Cool Whip makes for a fluffy and dreamy treat that won’t soon be forgotten.
- Caramel sauce gives the right balance between salty and sweet that makes this a more well-rounded dessert.
Tips for Making Caramel Apple Snickers Salad:
- When bringing this to someone else’s home or another party venue, make sure you bring it in a cooler to keep the salad chilled. If this warms up, it’ll be soggy and not as appetizing to look at.
- Garnish at the last minute to keep it looking fresh!
- Try using Creamy Cool Whip rather than the regular one to get that extra dreamy and fluffy texture.
- Speaking of fluffy, why not throw in some marshmallows if you’re feeling extra generous? The combination of chocolate, nuts and soft marshmallows would make it reminiscent of a cup of Rocky Road ice cream!
- Use the salad as a dip for your favorite, simple biscuits to have a more satisfying crunch with every bite.
- Not nutty enough? Try adding some walnuts for even more crunch!
- Try using different apples like Red Delicious and Gala apples to add more fruity flavors as well as colors to the salad.
- Get creative by using this treat in pies! You can have it in big portioned pies or more petite sizes. Mini pies can be packed with ease for after-school snacks!
- Why not use it as a topping for some caramel ice cream? Gives the family even more reason to celebrate, don’t you think? Reserve this for your most special occasions to make them even more memorable.
- If you’re having a plated dinner, you can serve this in nice glasses and layer the ingredients to give it a fancier look.
Caramel Apple Snickers Salad Ingredients:
- 10 full-size Snickers bars
- 4 medium Granny Smith apples
- 5.1-oz package vanilla instant pudding
- ½ cup milk
- 16 oz. tub Cool Whip
- ¼ cup caramel sauce
How to Make This Caramel Apple Snickers Salad:
In a medium bowl, mix together the instant pudding, milk, and Cool Whip until well combined.
Dice the candy bars up into small pieces.
Chop the apples into chunks. Fold both the candy and apples into the whipped cream mixture.
Drizzle the caramel sauce over the top, garnish with a few apples and snickers.
Chill in the refrigerator for a few hours and enjoy!
Other Salad Recipes You’ll Want to Try:
- Broccoli Apple Salad with Avocado Dressing
- Strawberry Fields Salmon Salad
- 7 Layer Salad (My Way)
- Cold Potato Salad
- Super Simple Strawberry Salad
Caramel Apple Salad with Snickers
- 10 full size Snickers bars
- 4 medium granny smith apples
- 5.1 oz box vanilla instant pudding mix
- ½ cup milk
- 16 oz Cool Whip
- ¼ cup caramel sauce
- In a medium bowl, mix together the instant pudding mix, milk, and Cool Whip until well combined.
- Dice the candy bars up into small pieces and chop the apples into chunks. Fold both the candy and apples into the whipped cream mixture.
- Drizzle the caramel sauce over the top, garnish with a few apples and Snickers.
- Chill in the refrigerator for a few hours and enjoy!