Try this spin on the classic banana bread….marbled!
Marble Banana Bread
- 3 ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup butter milk
- 1 stick unsalted butter – melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Prepare a 9×5 loaf pan with non-stick spray. You may also line it with parchment paper and spray the paper for easier removal.
- In a large bowl, mash up the bananas with a fork or masher. Add in the eggs, buttermilk, butter, vanilla extract and whisk until everything is combined. Add in the brown sugar and mix until well combined.
- Reserve a cup of the batter and melt the chocolate chips. Using a microwave, heat for 30 seconds and stir, then heat again for 15-20 seconds until the chocolate is melted. Pour the melted chocolate into the reserved 1 cup of batter and mix the two together.
- Pour 1/3 of the plain batter into the batter of the prepared loaf pan and spread it to the edges. Pour 1/2 of the chocolate batter on top of the plain batter and spread it to the edges. Repeat with the plain batter, the chocolate batter and then ending with the plain batter. Use a knife and swirl through the pan to create a swirl design.
- Bake for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes and then transfer the bread to a cooling rack to finish cooling.
Try These Reader Favorite Breakfast Recipes
Quite a few of our Breakfast Recipes have been very popular across social media. Here's a few of our readers favorite breakfast recipes that we hope you'll also try!
Try These Reader Favorite Dessert Recipes
Quite a few of our Dessert Recipes have been very popular across social media. Here's a few of our readers favorite dessert recipes that we hope you'll also try!
- Hershey Pie
- Homemade Buckeyes
- Cinnamon Pretzels
- Bakery Style Brownie Recipe
- Smores Dip
- Vanilla Bean Cheesecake
- Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies
- Death by Chocolate Cheesecake
- Minion Cupcakes
- Unicorn Cupcakes
- Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes
- Oreo Brownies
- Pineapple Upside Down Bundt Cake
- Snicker Salad
- Coca Cola Cake