Here’s a fun and delicious treat for winter time…hot cocoa muddy buddies! I bet you even have all the ingredients in your pantry 🙂
Warning though, they are addicting!
Hot Cocoa Muddy Buddies
- 4 cups chocolate chex mix
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 packets hot chocolate mix
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
- Optional : Hershey Kisses
- Pour the chex cereal into a large bowl. Set aside.
- Combine the chocolate chips and oil in a microwave safe dish. Microwave the chocolate chips and oil for 30 seconds, take it out and stir, then microwave again for 10 seconds at a time, stirring between each, until the chocolate is all melted.
- Pour the chocolate over the cereal and carefully toss the cereal around with a spatula until every piece is completely coated.
- Scoop the coated cereal into a large bag, pour the powdered sugar and hot chocolate mix into the bag and close it. Carefully toss the bag around allowing all of the sugar and chocolate mix to coat the cereal.
- Pour the coated cereal onto a cookie sheet that is lined with wax paper and allow it to dry out for about 10-15 minutes.
- Scoop the finished muddy buddies into a covered bowl or a large bag, throw some mini marshmallows into the mix and optional Hershey kisses.
Try These Reader Favorite Dessert Recipes
Quite a few of our Dessert Recipes have been very popular across social media. Here's a few of our readers favorite dessert recipes that we hope you'll also try!
- Hershey Pie
- Homemade Buckeyes
- Cinnamon Pretzels
- Bakery Style Brownie Recipe
- Smores Dip
- Vanilla Bean Cheesecake
- Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies
- Death by Chocolate Cheesecake
- Minion Cupcakes
- Unicorn Cupcakes
- Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes
- Oreo Brownies
- Pineapple Upside Down Bundt Cake
- Snicker Salad
- Coca Cola Cake