My all time favorite Christmas cookie during the holidays are these snowball cookies! They are so addicting and my whole family just loves them.
They are super simple to make and you can involve your kids to help roll them in powdered sugar!
How to Make Snowball Cookies
My recipe calls for chopped almonds but you can also make pecan and walnut snowball cookies too! It all depends on your personal preference.
Stack them on a plate or holiday platter and they look fantastic for a party.
- 1 cup salted butter room temperature
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar ½ cup for cookie, and 1 cup in a medium bowl, for covering cookies
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ½ cup finely chopped almonds you can also use pecans or walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine the butter and ½ cup of the powdered sugar. Beat until the butter is completely softened and mixed with the sugar. It should be smooth and creamy. Add in the vanilla and flour, mixing for an additional minute. Use a rubber spatula to scrape the sides of the bowl to incorporate all of the ingredients and then stir in the chopped almonds.
- Once the dough is well mixed, use a small portion scoop or spoon to measure out small balls of the dough. Using your hands, roll them into small ball shapes, about 1- 1 ½ inches in size.
- Place them on a cookie sheet, leaving about an inch between the cookies. Bake for 8-11 minutes, until the bottom of the cookies are just beginning to turn golden brown and feel firm.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and allow the cookies to cool. Once they have cooled, roll them in the small bowl of the remaining powdered sugar until they are completely covered.
1½ inch portion scoop and it made 25 cookies.) You will have extra powdered sugar after rolling the cookies. You can roll them a second time if you would like to have a more covered cookie.
Try These Reader Favorite Dessert Recipes
Quite a few of our Dessert Recipes have been very popular across social media. Here's a few of our readers favorite dessert recipes that we hope you'll also try!
- Hershey Pie
- Homemade Buckeyes
- Cinnamon Pretzels
- Bakery Style Brownie Recipe
- Smores Dip
- Vanilla Bean Cheesecake
- Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies
- Death by Chocolate Cheesecake
- Minion Cupcakes
- Unicorn Cupcakes
- Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes
- Oreo Brownies
- Pineapple Upside Down Bundt Cake
- Snicker Salad
- Coca Cola Cake