Trick someone this April Fools day by making this brilliant meatloaf cake!
April Fools Meatloaf Cake
- 2 ½ to 3 pounds ground chuck
- ½ onion finely chopped
- 1 cup plain dry bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- ⅔ cup milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 to 6 cups prepared mashed potatoes
- Sliced almonds to garnish if desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare three round cake pans with parchment paper.
- Mix together the ground chuck, onion, bread crumbs, eggs, worcestershire sauce, milk, salt, and pepper until well blended. Divide equally between the three cake pans and press into a flat layer.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until the meatloaf reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees. All to cool slightly. Remove any beef drippings and gently pat dry with paper toweling to help the mashed potatoes to stick.
- Layer the meatloaf with mashed potatoes just like you would ice a cake. Use almond slices to garnish.
Note: I reserved about 2 cups of mashed potatoes to pipe using an open star tip.