How to Make Halloween Spider Cookies
A family favorite in our house are peanut butter cookies so we put a Halloween spin on them and turned them into itsy bitsy spiders! Aren’t they so cute?
My son and his friend went crazy over these cookies! They look awesome on a big platter with spider webs stretched across underneath them.
Make sure to check out other version with whopper ball spider cookies too!
Peanut Butter Spider Cookies
- ½ cup butter softened
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ¾ cups flours
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup white sugar for rolling
- 24 miniature Reese’s cups unwrapped and frozen
- 48 candy eyes
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter, peanut butter, egg, sugar, brown sugar, vanilla, and milk.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Gradually add dry mixture to wet mixture and beat until blended.
- Roll into 24 equal balls.
- Roll each ball in the white sugar and place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Let cookies sit 10 minutes.
- Gently press an upside down frozen peanut butter cup on top of each cookie and move to cooling rack.
- Place the candy eyes on the peanut butter cups while the chocolate is still a little soft.
- Place cookies in the refrigerator to firm up the peanut butter cups.
- Meanwhile melt chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl in 30 second increments until all melted.
- Put the melted chocolate in a ziploc bag and cut a tiny corner off.
- Pipe eight legs on each spider cookie.
- Place in refrigerator for 10 minutes to allow legs to set.