Chicken tikka masala is one of my favorite Indian recipes that my husband introduced me to. There’s nothing better than dipping garlic naan bread into the tikka masala sauce! Yum!
This instant pot tikka masala recipe makes dinner a breeze! Just dump cut up raw chicken breasts into the pressure cooker with the rest of the ingredients and it does the work for you!
My favorite way to serve this chicken dish is over jasmine rice but you can also do noodles!
Instant Pot Chicken Tikka Masala
- 2 cloves Garlic thinly sliced
- 1 Inch Piece Ginger thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons Butter
- 3 pounds Chicken Breasts boneless, skinless
- 1 Cup Tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons Tomato paste
- 1 teaspoons Garam masala
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ cup Heavy cream
- Cilantro garnish
- Start by cutting up the chicken into bite sized pieces.
- Slice the garlic and the ginger piece.
- Then, set your Instant Pot to saute.
- Add the butter, ginger, and garlic to the Instant Pot.
- Saute the garlic and ginger in the butter for approximately 3 minutes until they are flagrant.
- Then, cancel the saute function by pressing off.
- Add the chicken, tomato sauce, tomato paste, garam masala, salt, and paprika to the Instant Pot.
- Lock the lid in place and turn the pressure valve to seal it.
- Set to HIGH PRESSURE for 6 minutes.
- Let the pressure release naturally for 5 minutes.
- Then, quick release the steam by opening the vent on top of Instant Pot.
- Take the lid off and remove the chicken.
- Then, add the heavy cream to the sauce left in the pressure cooker.
- Next, set the pressure cooker to saute to simmer the sauce for about 6 minutes. Stir periodically.
- Add the chicken back to the sauce stirring everything together.
- Serve with cilantro on top to garnish.