Switch up dessert this year with pumpkin pie parfaits! These are so gorgeous to look at and they are delicious. The separate layers just make these so fun to make. My family gobbled them all up! These are going to be our Thanksgiving dessert for all years to come. If you want a boozy treat, try our pumpkin pie pudding shots, too!
How do I make pumpkin pie parfait?
- You will need the following ingredients:
- Whipped topping: I used whipped topping, but you can also use a canned cool whip. I found that the whipped topping was able to hold up a little bit better, but if you plan on eating these right away, the canned cool whip will work great!
- Cream cheese: Make sure this is softened to room temperature or you will end up with lumps.
- Vanilla pudding mix: You could experiment with other flavors of pudding mix here. Perhaps try chocolate or white chocolate pudding, for a chocolate pumpkin flavor.
- Pumpkin pie spice
- Pumpkin puree
- Graham crackers: you can use different types of crackers here. Try honey graham crackers, vanilla wafers, or even gingersnap cookies.
- Vanilla extract
- Maple syrup
- Whole Milk: You can also use 2% milk
- You will need the following supplies: (blogger, feel free to use your amazon affiliate links for this section)
- Mixing bowl
- Mixing tools
- Food processor, or large ziploc bag and rolling pin.
- Storage Instructions
- Cover and store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. I don’t recommend freezing.
- How much milk should I add?
- You can add in more milk to achieve a thinner consistency. Because this is a parfait, I preferred a thicker consistency. The amount of milk that you add really depends on preference. If you want a consistency resembling more of a yogurt, you will need to add more than ¾ cups of milk. If you want something a little thicker, reminiscent of a mousse, ½ cup will do.
Pumpkin Pie Parfaits
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin puree
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1 3.4-ounce package vanilla pudding mix
- ½ cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 packet of graham crackers or 5 ounces
- 1 ½ cups whipped topping
- In a medium sized bowl, use an electric mixer to beat together the pumpkin puree, cream cheese, vanilla pudding mix, milk, maple syrup, pumpkin pie spice, allspice, and vanilla extract. Beat until combined well.
- With a food processor, grind up the graham crackers until they become fine crumbs. (You can also use a large ziploc bag and a rolling pin if you don’t have a food processor)
- For plating, use a small glass, or other desired “parfait container,” and add a small layer of the refrigerated pumpkin pudding mixture, followed by a small layer of the graham cracker crumbs, and lastly followed by a layer of extra creamy cool whip. Continue layering. Make sure that the last layer on the top is of the cool whip.
- Once all the layers are done, top with a sprinkle of graham cracker crumbs and a dash of cinnamon (optional).
- Serve and enjoy!
*I used the 8-ounce (half pint) canning jars for the photos.