Growing up my dad always requested homemade beef goulash for dinner, it was our go-to easy recipe! Now today I like to make it in my crockpot to make life easier for my family. If you don’t want to use a slow cooker, you can always just do it on the stove.
Slow Cooker Goulash
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 green bell pepper stem and seeds removed, diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes not drained
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cup dried macaroni noodles
- Fresh chopped parsley for garnish
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add the ground beef directly to the pan. Break it up and brown the meat until there is no pink left. Drain the meat and add it directly to the pot of the crockpot. Put the skillet back on the stove over medium-low heat, no need to clean the skillet. Add the butter, onion, and bell pepper, cook, stirring occasionally until softened about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, 30 seconds. Add this mixture to the crockpot.
- Add the salt, pepper, crushed tomatoes, chicken stock, diced tomatoes, soy sauce, dried oregano, bay leaves, and Worcestershire to the pot. Stir to combine, cover, and cook on high for 2 hours or low for 4 hours.
- Cook the macaroni noodles per the directions on the back of the packaging. Add the cooked noodles to the crockpot and stir it in. Serve immediately with a garnish of parsley, optional.
Try These Reader Favorite Slow Cooker Recipes
Quite a few of our Slow Cooker Recipes have been very popular across social media. Here's a few of our readers favorite slow cooker recipes that we hope you'll also try!
Try These Reader Favorite Dinner Recipes
Quite a few of our Dinner Recipes have been very popular across social media. Here's a few of our readers favorite dinner recipes that we hope you'll also try!