This post may contain affiliate links, read our Disclosure Policy for more information. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, thank you!
How to Make Glazed Carrots in the Slow Cooker
If you’re hosting a Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner and want some brown sugar glazed carrots for a side dish, try cooking it in the crockpot! No need to take up more oven space when there is turkey and pie!
You can also use baby carrots but they will take less time in the slow cooker.
Soft and delicious for your dinner!
Crockpot Glazed Carrots
- 2 lbs carrots ends trimmed off and sliced into 2” chunks
- ¼ cup butter
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Garnish: fresh thyme finely chopped
- Scrub carrots clean and use a sharp knife to trim off the ends and slice into 2” chunks. Add chopped carrots to the slow cooker.
- In a microwave safe bowl or measuring cup, melt the butter. Whisk in brown sugar, salt and minced garlic. Pour over the top of the carrots and toss to coat.
- Cook on high for 3 hours or until carrots are tender.
- Spoon the juices over the carrots, garnish with finely chopped fresh thyme and serve warm.
Peeling the carrots makes them look more appealing, however, it is not necessary. Carrots are healthiest unpeeled because the skin of the carrots contain many nutrients.
Leave a Reply