If you’re looking for comfort food, this Hashbrown Casserole Cracker Barrel Copycat Recipe is for you!
Simple and easy, you can make Hashbrown Casserole a regular meal at your house! The ingredients for this dish can be easily found in your local store. It’s a no-fail recipe that’s bound to keep making the rounds at your home.
This Hashbrown Casserole happens to be quite versatile and is delicious as is or with whatever add-ons you’d like. If time is not on your side, the basic recipe is more than enough to satisfy your tummies. But if you have time to spare, experimenting with what you add to the casserole results in a yummy meal!
Why it works:
- Thin and freshly baked hashbrown warms and fills up any hungry stomach.
- A generous layer of cheese makes the entire dish one of the ultimate comfort foods you could ever make.
- For starters, you can add your favorite ham or bacon into this hearty Hash Brown Casserole.
- Make it fit for breakfast meals by adding some sunny side egg on top — and maybe even some sausage!
- Add in some corned beef to the basic Hash Brown Casserole recipe. Yum!
- Want to do something extra? Serve it with some buffalo chicken on top.
- Go do a Cajun take by adding chicken and smoked sausage!
- You can also put in chicken and bacon together with ranch dressing for extra flavor.
- Make this a healthier meal by putting in kale, chickpeas or even broccoli! Perfect if you want your kids to get more vegetables in their diets.
- To make the dish even healthier, try adding diced and sautéed green, red, and yellow bell peppers along with the onions.
- You can also sprinkle grated cheese on top along with cornflakes crumbs if you like.
Tips for rocking this cheesy casserole:
- You can work around with the kinds of cheeses you can use. Grated Parmesan with Cheddar cheese for a cheesier flavor. You can also use a generous layer of cream cheese.
What you’ll need to make Hash Brown Casserole:
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt and pepper
- 2 cans cream of mushroom (or chicken soup)
- 1 c milk
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 2 c frozen hash browns
- 2 c grated cheese
How to make Hash Brown Casserole:
Preheat the oven to 350.
In a large bowl, mix together garlic powder, salt, pepper, cream of mushroom, milk, onion, hash browns, and cheese.
Spread evenly into a 9×13 baking dish. Cook for 20 minutes and stir.
Cook for an additional 25 minutes until top is golden brown.
Allow to cool for a few minutes before serving.
Other recipes that you need to try:
★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
Cheesy Hash Brown Casserole is one of the best recipes to feed a crowd for a weekend breakfast, brinner or holiday brunch. This easy casserole recipe preps in just 5 minutes, using frozen hash brown potatoes.
- 1 TSP Garlic Powder
- 1 TSP Salt & Pepper
- 2 Cans Cream of Mushroom or Chicken Soup
- 1 C Milk
- 1/2 C Onion Diced
- 2 C Frozen Hash Browns
- 2 C Grated Cheddar Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl mix together garlic powder, salt, pepper, cream of mushroom, milk, onion, hash browns and cheese.
- Spread evenly into a 9x13 baking dish.
- Cook for 20 minutes and stir.
- Cook for an additional 25 minutes until top is golden brown.
- Allow to cool a few minutes before serving.