Looking for a delicious chicken wings recipe? These Franks Red Hot Baked Hot Wings are just like you get when your order wings. All the flavor and taste from the comfort of your home.
I have tried so many times to make baked hot wings at home and it just never turned out well. I have finally cracked the code, or recipe, in this case. Once I started making my wings using Franks Red Hot in my baked hot wings, my hot wings taste as good as any wing joint around.
Making these wings at home will save you more than half what you would pay when your order wings out. These wings are just as good, I think even better, and you can control the ingredients.
What is in Frank’s Red Hot?
Frank’s Red Hot is a brand of hot sauce. Made from a blend of aged cayenne peppers, Frank’s RedHot sauce gives heat and flavor to your wings.
What is Frank’s Red Hot on the Scoville Scale?
The Scoville Scale is a scale to say how hot something is. Whether you are talking about hot sauce or peppers themselves, the Scoville Scale is the level of hotness. While some sauces range around the 100,000 range on the scale, Frank’s Red Hot is about 450 on the scale.
Which is hotter Tabasco or Franks?
Does Frank’s hot sauce have sugar?
No, Frank’s hot sauce does not contain sugar. It is a sugar-free sauce. It has zero carbs in it. I like that all of the ingredients are easy to pronounce and I can identify what each one is. Franks Red Hot Sauce is made from Aged Cayenne Red Peppers, Distilled Vinegar, Water, Salt, and Garlic Powder.
What to Serve with Franks Red Hot Wings
If you are looking for great tasting sides to make with these baked hot wings, you might enjoy:
- Cold Potato Salad + Video
- Broccoli Apple Salad with Avocado Dressing + Video
- Tomato Cucumber Greek Pasta Salad
- Spicy Baked Zucchini Chips
Important Tip for Cooking Baked Hot Wings
If you want to make take-out style wings at home, there is one important step that you can not skip. You need to place the chicken on a cooling rack. Make sure it is a metal one that can go in the oven and not the coated ones. Place the cooling rack on top of the cookie sheet and place the wings on the rack. This gives the crispy wings you are looking for.
Variations to Baked Hot Wings
If you have additional flavors you like, like added red pepper flakes, parmesan cheese or anything else, you can add these flavors to the wing sauce.
Ingredients to Make Franks Red Hot Baked Chicken Wings
- Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
- Fresh Chicken Wings
- Salt & Pepper
How to Make Frank’s Red Hot Wings
While the chicken wings are baking mix together ⅓ C Unsalted Butter, ⅓ C Frank’s Red Hot, and 2 TBSP Garlic. Set aside and brush with a Basting Brush once the chicken wings are cooked. Place back in the oven and bake for another 5 minutes until the sauce has dried onto the wings. Should you choose you can smother the chicken wings once you remove for the final time with the remaining hot sauce mixture.
This recipe is enough for two people. You’ll want to double or triple the recipe depending on what yours needs are for Baked Chicken Wings 😉
Frank’s Red Hot Baked Chicken Wings
- ⅓ C Unsalted Butter melted
- ⅓ C Frank's Red Hot
- 1 Package Fresh Chicken Wings
- 2 TBSP Garlic minced
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Place chicken wings on cooling rack over the top of a large pan.
- Pat chicken wings dry and sprinkle with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Cook until wings are done, about 20 minutes.
- While the chicken wings are baking mix together ⅓ C Unsalted Butter, ⅓ C Frank's Red Hot and 2 TBSP Garlic.
- Set aside and brush with a Basting Brush once the chicken wings are cooked.
- Place back in the oven and bake for another 5 minutes until the sauce has dried onto the wings. Should you choose you can smother the chicken wings once you remove for the final time with the remaining hot sauce mixture.
Leave a Reply