How do you get crayons to stick to canvas?
What can you do with crayons?
There are many different types of crafts that work using crayons. You can make this colorful crayon art canvas.
- You can also take scrap pieces of crayons and melt them. When you pour it into a mold, you have new crayons.
- Crayons can also be used to color wax when making candles.
Can you make paint out of crayons?
Supplies for Colorful Canvas Crayon Art
- (1) Canvas (order in bulk on Amazon to save money!)
- Roughly 20 Crayons (I chose pastels and spring colors.)
- Scrapbooking Flowers
- (4) Pastel Colored Buttons
- Burlap Ribbon
- Hot Glue Gun
- Blow Dryer
How do you Make Melted Crayon Art?
- Start by securing your crayons along the bottom of the canvas with a hot glue gun.
- Once dry, hold canvas over the sink (crayons facing down.)
- Hit crayons with the blow dryer, until they begin to melt and run down the canvas.
- Continue until you reach your desired look. Mine took about 5 minutes.
- Let the canvas dry.
- Hot glue your scrapbooking flowers to the canvas, adding a button to the center of each.
- Cut your ribbon the length of your crayons, and secure with hot glue in the middle of the crayons.
- Glue a button at the end of the ribbon on both sides. I added a bow, made out of ribbon as well.
- Secure to wall and enjoy!
More Crafts you Might Enjoy: