If you are looking for a great sensory project to do with your kids, you should make Grinch Calming Jars! These calming jars are great for calming down any person who is feeling stressed or anxious. Not only that, but these are fun and easy to make!
These Grinch Calming jars are designed with glitter, water, and just a few more simple ingredients. Then the swirling patterns that the glitter creates help you to calm down and refocus. This is where the “calming jars” name comes from. Alternatively, you may have heard them called “calm down jars”. Many people use them for calming down after a stressful time, or as a time-out jar for a child who has misbehaved.
It’s not all about calming down though, because Grinch Calming Jars can be just plain fun too! If you are looking for a gift idea that you can make at home, this is a great one. It will provide the recipient hours of entertainment and they will love knowing it was made from the heart.
WHY IT WORKS:
- It’s easy to make and will help bring calm to an anxious child (or adult).
- Not only do they ease anxious minds, but they also provide endless entertainment
- These don’t have to be Grinch themed (although it’s fun!), you can use any color glitter you wish.
- Use extra glue to make the glitter float longer after shaking.
- Leave the lid of the jar bare, or decorate it to go along with the jar.
- Use multiple glitter colors to create a rainbow effect.
- You can use as much glitter as you want, but I suggest you start small and add as you go!
- Use any size bottle or jar you choose! When deciding on the size of your Grinch Calming Jar, consider how old the child is that you are making it for.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO MAKE GRINCH CALMING JARS:
1 Mason Jar
1 tablespoon of Green Glitter Glue
2 – 3 tablespoons of Green Glitter (the smaller the better)
2 -3 tablespoons of Clear Glue
3 drops of Green Food Coloring
2 and ½ cups of HOT Water
1 Red Glitter Heart
HOW TO MAKE GRINCH CALMING JARS
Place your glitter glue, clear glue, glitter, and heart in the bottom of your mason jar.
You can use 2 tablespoons of glitter and glue or up to 3, depending on how thick you want your glitter in the jar.
Pour in your hot water and food coloring and stir well.
If glue and glitter clump up, place jar in microwave for 30 seconds and stir. Repeating until clumps are gone.
Fill jar the rest of the way with water to the rim.
Place hot glue on the inside of your jar lid, and screw lid on tight before glue dries.
Place jar in the fridge to cool.
Shake and let the kids enjoy.
Leave a Reply