How to Make Nutella Stuffed Cookies
These nutella cookies are melty, gooey, and delicious! The perfect chocolate chip cookies that are just a little bit extra!
- How long does the Nutella need to freeze before placing it inside the cookie dough balls?
- The nutella needs to be in the freezer for about 30 minutes. It needs to reach the point that it won’t spread when you peel it off the parchment and cover it with the dough.
- Won’t the nutella leak out of the cookie while baking?
- It will not leak out if it is completely covered in the cookie dough.
- How long do these last?
- These cookies are best enjoyed for up to 4-5 days when stored at room temperature in an airtight container.
- Do I need to add the chocolate chips?
- The chocolate chips aren’t required, but they certainly help the cookies be as chocolatey as they are. Adding the chocolate chips also helps increase the amount of cookies the dough makes.
- Do I need to chill the dough before baking?
- No, as soon as the dough is made and the nutella is frozen, go ahead and prepare them to be baked. However, if you have dough waiting to be scooped or waiting to go in the oven, be sure to keep that dough chilled in the fridge.
- 1 cup Nutella
- ½ cup Butter softened
- ½ cup White sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup semi-sweet Chocolate Chips
- Start by scooping about ½ tablespoon of Nutella onto a parchment lined cookie sheet, repeat with the rest of the nutella and place in the freezer while making the cookie dough. It should make about 24 dots of nutella, plenty for each cookie.
- Freeze the Nutella for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350℉ and line a cookie sheet with parchment.
- Start making the cookie dough by creaming together the butter and sugars,
- Then stir in the egg and vanilla.
- Add in the flour and baking soda and stir well.
- Then fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop the dough as you normally would, with about 2 tablespoons of dough, then press the scoop down to flatten it, add one nutella dot to the middle and fold the dough over the nutella completely covering it.
- Place the nutella stuffed dough back on the cookie sheet with about 2-3 inches in between each one.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes and allow to cool before enjoying!
-Keep the nutella in the freezer when not being used, and keep the cookie dough in the fridge when not being used.