Here’s an amazing dessert idea to make at home…nutella filled churros! They are so delicious it’s hard to stop eating them.
Nutella Filled Churro Bites
- Medium Pot
- Deep frying pan or Dutch Oven
- 2 12 or 16 inch piping bags
- Tip 1M
- Paper Towels for Draining
- 6 tablespoon unsalted butter
- ½ cup whole milk
- ½ cup water
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup granulated sugar + 1 tbsp cinnamon
- ½ cup Nutella melted
- Add butter, milk, water, sugar and vanilla to a pot and bring to a boil on the stove.
- Once everything is melted together, reduce heat to low and add in the flour.
- Mix the flour in thoroughly and a dough ball will form.
- Remove the pot from the stove and add the eggs one at a time until well blended.
- Add dough to a piping bag fitted with a 1M or large star tip and place in the fridge for 10-15 mins to stiffen up a bit.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon and set aside.
- Heat the oil to 350.
- Squeeze dough into hot oil.
- Fry on each side for 3-4 mins until golden brown and cooked all the way through.
- Remove from the oil and drain.
- Toss in cinnamon sugar mix fully coating the churros.
- Heat Nutella in a piping bag for 10-15 seconds.
- Use a skewer to create a hole in both ends of the churro
- Squeeze in the warm Nutella into the churros
Churros are best when fresh so batch fry if possible
For perfectly sized churros, pre-pipe the dough onto parchment or wax paper (after the dough has stiffened in the fridge-or it wont come off the paper).
Test one churro in the grease to make sure that your frying times are accurate. If the oil is too hot, it will brown the outside, leaving a raw middle, so check this before committing to frying off the entire batch.