This post may contain affiliate links, read our Disclosure Policy for more information. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, thank you!
How to Cook Lasagna in your Slow Cooker
Make some delicious homemade lasagna in your crockpot! Just cook the ground beef and layer the ingredients in your slow cooker.
You can also customize the lasagna to your personal preferences, sometimes we use cottage cheese as a layer!
Your family will love this dinner idea! Make sure to check out all our other easy crockpot meals!
Crockpot Lasagna Recipe
- ½ pound Italian sausage
- ½ pound Ground Beef
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- 1 Sweet Onion chopped
- 3 Cloves Garlic chopped
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon Thyme
- 1 tablespoon Basil
- 1 26 ounce Jar of your favorite marinara/pasta sauce
- 12-15 Lasagna noodles
- 1 15 ounce Ricotta
- 1 8 ounce Bag shredded Mozzarella
- 1 Egg
- In a large skillet cook together beef and italian sausage, crumbling in the process, until no longer pink. Drain any grease or fat from the skillet and put beef and sausage in a separate bowl.
- Add in your olive oil, onions, and garlic into the skillet. Add in about a teaspoon of both salt and pepper and saute for 2-3 minutes until the onions become translucent. Once translucent add in your thyme and basil. Saute for another 2 minutes allowing the herbs to toast, this will bring out their flavor.
- Add back in your beef and italian sausage, stirring everything together. Add in your pasta sauce (Reserve a couple tablespoons, this will go in the bottom of the crock pot) and mix together. At this point taste the sauce and salt and pepper as needed. Put into a bowl and set aside.
- In a small bowl mix together your ricotta and egg, set aside. Prepare your slow cooker. Spray the pan all over with cooking spray and put your remaining tablespoons of pasta sauce on the bottom of the pot. This will help the lasagna stay moist.
- To begin layering add in a few lasagna noodles, feel free to break them up to fit your slow cooker. Next add a layer of ricotta mixture, a layer of meat sauce, and then sprinkle mozzarella. Fill in the rest of the slow cooker with the remaining ingredients, ending with sauce and mozzarella on top.
- Cook on low in the slow cooker for 6-7 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
Leave a Reply