If you’re wondering how to make beef and broccoli in the instant pot, I have the recipe for you! It’s super easy and it comes out tender and delicious every time.
When you don’t want to spend a fortune on take-out chinese, this is a great alternative to please your family.
This is the best beef and broccoli recipe! Look at that meat!
It looked so good in the pressure cooker I just wanted to eat it straight out of it! But, pouring it over steaming white rice is my favorite way to do it.
Instant Pot Beef and Broccoli
- 2/3 cup water
- 1-2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Chinese cooking wine
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
Remaining ingredients for beef and broccoli:
- 2 pounds round strips see notes
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil separated
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger minced
- 1/4 cup green onion sliced (optional)
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds to garnish optional
- Mix together all ingredients for the sauce. You can pour into a medium size bowl, and whisk well. Or place in a mason jar, and shake well!
- Put your meat in a medium sized bowl. Pour about ¼ of the sauce mixture over the meat. Allow it to marinate at least 30 minutes; longer if you have the time. This will allow your meat to be tender and flavorful.
- Turn your Instant Pot on to “sauté mode”. Once it become hot, pour in your oil, and all of the broccoli florets. You can add fresh or frozen. Frozen florets should take about 8 minutes to cook down, where fresh should take about 4 minutes. You might also prefer them more raw, or more cooked. Cook until you reach desired consistency. Once they are as tender as you like, remove, and set aside.
- With your Instant Pot still on Saute mode, add 2 more TBSP of oil, garlic, ginger, and your meat. I suggest placing about 1/3 of the meat in at a time so it doesn’t become crowded in the pot. Brown each portion until each portion is cooked thoroughly.
- After all of the meat is browned, add in the rest of your sauce mixture. Mix well.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot, and close the valve. Set the IP to High Pressure at 15 minutes.
- Once the time is up, allow the pressure to naturally release for 5 minutes, then manually release.
- Open the IP, and add in the broccoli. Mix well so the sauce is coated on the florets as well as the meat.
- Serve with green onions and/or sesame over a bed of rice or noodles! Eat with chopsticks, or a fork! No judgments! And enjoy!
Try These Reader Favorite Instant Pot Recipes
Quite a few of our Instant Pot Recipes have been very popular across social media. Here's a few of our readers favorite instant pot recipes that we hope you'll also try!
Try These Reader Favorite Dinner Recipes
Quite a few of our Dinner Recipes have been very popular across social media. Here's a few of our readers favorite dinner recipes that we hope you'll also try!