Wondering how to saute mushrooms in a skillet? You’re in the right spot.
We sautéed whole mushrooms but you can slice them in thin strips if you prefer. These mushrooms with garlic are fantastic!
Make these sauteed garlic mushrooms as a side dish for a steak dinner or some meat on the grill!
I could eat the whole bowl!
Sauteed Garlic Mushrooms
- 1 lb mushrooms note 1
- 3 garlic cloves minced or finely diced
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp parsley chopped (note 2)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- Clean the mushrooms with a brush or a damp kitchen towel.
- Heat a skillet over medium high heat and add the olive oil.
- Once the oil is hot, add the garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes until the garlic begins to soften.
- Add the mushrooms and stir until evenly coated with the oil.
- Cook on medium heat until slightly brown and water starts coming out.
- Keep on cooking while stirring for about 4-5 minutes until the mushrooms are completely cooked and any water is dissolved.
- Add salt, pepper, lemon juice and parsley and give it a good toss.
- Serve warm.