Easy Carrot Baby Food Combination
Carrots are very easy to incorporate into your baby’s diet and you can mix and match them with different fruits and vegetables to make different flavors.
My son loved this apple and carrot baby food puree!
Carrot Apple Baby Food
- 1 ½ cups raw carrots peeled and chopped (around 5 medium sized carrots)
- 1 cup apples peeled and chopped (around 2-3 small to medium sized)
- Wash, peel, and chop carrots into ½ inch pieces. Place in a large pot and cover with water.
- Bring water to a boil over high heat. As soon as it starts to boil, cover and reduce to low heat. Simmer until fork-tender.
- Strain carrots and set aside.
- Add 2 inches of water to a large pot. Place chopped apples in a steamer pot and place inside the pot of water. Cover.
- Bring water to a boil over high heat. As soon as it starts to boil, reduce to low heat. Simmer until fork-tender.
- Transfer softened carrots and apples to your food processor or blender. Blend on low for about 30 seconds. Stop and scrape the sides down with a spoon. Blend until smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides as needed. Transfer to an ice cube tray for freezing or a serving bowl for immediate use.
- Each baby food in this recipe makes around 1 ¼ cups of baby food.
- This can be covered and stored in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.