This Lemon Loaf is going to make you love lemon desserts forever. Not only will you wonder why it took you so long to make it, once you enjoy it, but you will also find yourself planning out when you will be making it again. If you are needing a dessert for a party or gathering, this is the one.
Have you ever been to your local Starbucks and gotten one of those slices of Lemon Loaf? This recipe is pretty much identical to the Starbucks Lemon Loaf! The hubby had a slice one afternoon and has been hooked. But, for the price he paid, I can make an entire loaf at home!
I don’t know about you, but the desserts I enjoy in the spring are completely different than those that I enjoy in the winter, and this Lemon Loaf is most definitely a spring dessert! The light and bright flavor of the lemon is bursting with spring-like energy. Maybe that doesn’t make sense, but there is just something about the sun shining and the flowers blooming that put me in the mood for spring desserts.
Lemon Loaf also makes a great birthday dessert for those that don’t want to celebrate with a typical birthday cake.It’s a much more versatile treat. I would love to have one of those to celebrate my birthday, how about you?
How long with lemon loaf stay fresh for?
Can I store my lemon loaf in the refrigerator?
VARIATIONS TO LEMON LOAF
- Serve without the glaze topping if you like your breads a little less sweet. It’s still delicious!
- Double up your recipe and store the second loaf in the freezer for a quick treat later.
Watch me make it live…
INGREDIENTS TO MAKE LEMON LOAF
- Greek yogurt
- Vegetable oil
- Vanilla extract
- Lemon zest
- Lemon juice
- Baking powder
- Powdered sugar
- Lemon juice
HOW TO MAKE LEMON LOAF
Heat oven to 350°. Spray Loaf pan with non-stick baking spray.
Combine eggs, sugar, greek yogurt, oil, vanilla extract, lemon zest and lemon juice in a large bowl.
Sift in flour, baking powder and salt. Stir to combine until well combined.
Pour batter into greased loaf pan and bake for 45-50 minutes.
TIP: If the sides begin to brown, tent with foil allowing the steam to escape.
Remove lemon loaf from oven when a toothpick is inserted and comes out clean. Allow the lemon loaf to cool on a wire rack completely.
Prepare the glaze in a medium bowl and pour over the lemon loaf completely covering the top.
Allow the glaze to set before slicing. Enjoy!
Other Bread Recipes you’ll Enjoy
- Texas Toast Garlic Bread
- Spaghetti Stuffed Garlic Bread
- Healthier Banana Bread Recipe
- Texas Roadhouse rolls with Cinnamon Butter
- Easy White Bread Recipe
- 3 eggs
- 1 c sugar
- 1 c greek yogurt
- ½ c vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 ½ c Flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 c powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- Heat oven to 350°
- Spray Loaf pan with non-stick baking spray
- Combine eggs, sugar, greek yogurt, oil, vanilla extract, lemon zest and lemon juice in a large bowl.
- Sift in flour, baking powder and salt.
- Stir to combine until well combined.
- Pour batter into greased loaf pan and bake for 45-50 minutes.
- TIP: If the sides begin to brown, tent with foil allowing the steam to escape.
- Remove lemon loaf from oven when a toothpick is inserted and comes out clean.
- Allow the lemon loaf to cool on a wire rack completely.
- Prepare the glaze in a medium bowl and pour over the lemon loaf completely covering the top.
- Allow the glaze to set before slicing.
- Mix 1 c of powdered sugar with 2-3 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Combine the two ingredients and whisk until incorporated and the consistency that you like. I like a thicker glaze that's packed with a lemon punch!
Leave a Reply