Looking for the best white bread recipe? This white bread is easy to make and tastes amazing. With step by step written directions and a video, you can make it at home anytime.
This white bread recipe will become a staple in your home. Make two loaves, freeze the one you won’t use right away and always have a loaf of fresh white bread on hand.
People think they can not make fresh bread at home. With this white bread recipe, it is easy to make white bread at home. If you are wondering why you should make this white bread recipe at home, it is simple. There are a lot of things in your bread that doesn’t need to be there. Using this recipe makes it easy to eat cleaner.
What to Make with White Bread
- Texas Toast Garlic Bread
- Sausage, Egg and Cheese Sandwich
- BELT Sandwich
- Loaded Potato Grilled Cheese with Bacon
- Grilled Margherita Pizza Sandwich
Variations to White Bread
Since this is bread and bread needs an exact recipe, there are not too many ways to change this recipe up. However, there are always a few ways.
- Honey: You can add honey to this recipe to give the bread some sweetness that doesn’t add more refined sugar.
- Seeds or nuts: If you like the tastes of seeds, like sesame seeds or chopped nuts, you can add it to the bread. Add these right before putting the bread dough in the oven.
Can you make this white bread recipe without a stand mixer?
The simple answer is yes. Yes, you can make this white bread recipe without a stand mixer. However, it is much easier when you have a stand mixer with attachments. A stand mixer like KitchenAid Professional 6000 6 qt mixer with attachments can make the job so much easier. This is the kind I have and I use often, like 3-4 times a month. I use it to shred chicken with the paddle attachment, make loaves of bread, and obviously use it for baking cookies and whipping up homemade icing.
Make White Bread Without a Stand Mixer
- Add water, yeast, and sugar to a large bowl.
- Once the yeast blooms, stir in the salt and the flour using a wooden spoon.
- Turn dough out onto a floured counter top and knead it for 10-12 minutes, or until dough is no longer sticky and holds its shape.
- Proceed with remaining instructions as shown in the easy white bread recipe below.
Watch how to make it…
Ingredients in White Bread Recipe
- Active Dry Yeast
- Warm Water
- unsalted butter divided
- Kosher Salt
- Bread Flour
How to Make White Bread Recipe
Melt ¼ C of butter.
In a bowl add sugar and water.
Sprinkle yeast over the top of sugar mixture and work the yeast in with a wooden spoon. You are not stirring just allowing the yeast to bloom.
Let sit for 5-10 minutes until the yeast has doubled in size and becomes fragrant.
Add ¼ C melted butter, 4 cups of flour and salt to sugar mixture.
Using a dough hook, mix on low until smooth.
Add remaining flour a cup at a time until a ball of dough forms.
Turn mixer on medium and knead dough for 5 minutes until the dough is a nice and smooth texture.
If your dough appears sticky add a sprinkle of flour at a time until it becomes tacky.
Flour a board or countertop and knead for 10-15 turns.
In a large bowl melt 1 TBSP butter.
Place dough into the melted butter and flip over to the other side gets coated.
Loosely cover with plastic wrap and a cloth over top. Allow to rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
Punch dough down and shape into two loaves.
Place loaves in greased 9-in. x 5-in loaf pans.
Preheat oven to 350°. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
*If bread starts to brown too quickly, cover with aluminum foil. When the bread is removed from the oven, brush with remaining butter. Serve and enjoy!
** Bread flour will achieve the highest possible rise and a chewier crumb, however, you can substitute all-purpose flour.
Homemade White Sandwich Bread
- 2 packages 0.25 ounce each dry active yeast
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 ½ cups warm water approximately 110F degrees
- ¼ cup butter softened
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 6 ½ cups bread flour plus additional for kneading
- Optional: 1 tablespoon butter melted, for brushing on the loaves after baking
- In a small bowl, stir together the yeast, sugar, and warm water. Set aside for 5-8 minutes, until the yeast is foamy.
- Pour the yeast mixture, softened butter, salt, and two cups of the flour into a large mixing bowl. Beat with an electric mixer until the ingredients are combined. Add the remaining flour, ½ cup at a time, mixing well between each addition.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface; knead for 5 minutes until the dough is smooth and elastic. It will still be a bit sticky.
- Place the dough into a large, oiled bowl. Turn the dough once to oil on all sides. Cover with a clean kitchen towel and set in a warm place to rise until doubled; approximately 90 minutes, depending on the temperature of the room.
- Punch down the dough and divide into two loaves. Place the dough into two greased 9×5 inch loaf pans. Cover the pans with a clean kitchen towel and set aside in a warm place to rise until the dough reaches the top of the pans; approximately 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 375F degrees.
- Bake the bread for 30 minutes at 375F degrees until the top of each loaf is golden brown.
- Remove the loaves from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool. If desired, use a silicon kitchen brush to spread one tablespoon of melted butter over the top of each loaf for extra shine and flavor.
Leave a Reply