Million Dollar Spaghetti
- 16 oz uncooked thin spaghetti
- ½ lb lean ground beef
- ½ lb ground sweet Italian sausage
- ½ yellow onion diced
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp marjoram
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 8- oz container cottage cheese
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 24 oz jar spaghetti sauce divided
- ½ cup butter sliced
- 8 oz shredded Italian cheese blend
- Parsley for garnish optional
- Bring water to a boil in a large pot and cook spaghetti according to directions on package. Do not overcook. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile in a large saucepan, brown ground beef and sausage until meat is only slightly pink. Drain fat. Add yellow onion and garlic and finish browning until onions are translucent and meat is no longer pink. Stir marjoram and thyme into the meat mixture. Remove from heat. Set aside ¼ cup spaghetti sauce. Pour remaining spaghetti sauce into the saucepan with the meat mixture. Stir to combine.
- In a large bowl combine cooked spaghetti noodles with ¼ cup spaghetti sauce. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine cottage cheese, softened cream cheese, and sour cream.
- Preheat oven to 350. Add half of the sliced butter to a 9×13 pan.
- To assemble, spread half of the spaghetti noodles into the bottom of the pan. Spread cream cheese mixture over the spaghetti noodles in an even layer. Add remaining spaghetti noodles. Evenly space the remaining butter slices over the noodles. Top with meat sauce layer. Cover with foil.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40-45 mins. Remove foil and add shredded Italian cheese blend on top. Bake an additional 10-15 minutes or until heated through. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Italian seasoning can be substituted for marjoram and thyme, if unavailable.