How to Make a Red Velvet Oreo Cheesecake
Valentine’s Day is approaching and this red velvet cheesecake recipe is perfect for your dessert! What person wouldn’t love this red cheesecake!?
It has a delicious oreo cookie crust, with a creamy velvety red cheesecake layer, topped with a chocolate ganache and whipped cream dollops.
The presentation is beautiful and can be made for any special occasion!
It’s very similar in taste to the Cheesecake Factory too! Yum!
Red Velvet Cheesecake
- 2 cups Oreo Cookie crumbs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 6 Tablespoons butter- melted
- 4 8 oz packages cream cheese- softened
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon red food color
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream- hot
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and prepare a 9” springform pan with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a food processor, pulse Oreo Cookies until you get 2 cups of crumbs. Add in salt and butter and pulse until combined.
- Pour into the bottom of the springform pan and using the back of a spoon, gently press the crumbs to form the crust. Be sure to bring the crumbs about 1 inch up the side.
- Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer equipped with a paddle attachment (or using an electric hand mixer) cream the cream cheese for 2-3 minutes or until smooth and there are no lumps remaining. Mix in the sugar, flour, and cocoa powder and mix until just combined.
- Mix in the vanilla, heavy cream, buttermilk, and vinegar and mix until combined.
- Add in red food color until you get desired color.
- Add in eggs one at a time, fully incorporating after each addition. Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl. Give one final mix to make sure everything is incorporated.
- Bake on 350 for 15 minutes then, without opening the oven door, reduce heat to 200 and bake for an additional 50 minutes.
- Once the 50 minutes is up, turn the heat off and slightly crack the oven door for about 20-30 minutes to allow the cheesecake to slowly cool. (NOTE: this step is not necessary, however it helps reduce cracking)
- Allow the cheesecake to come to room temperature and place in the refrigerator overnight.
- In a microwave safe bowl or measuring glass, heat the heavy cream for about 1 minute or until hot. Pour over chocolate and let sit for 2-3 minutes. Whisk until smooth. Allow to cool for about 5 minutes then pour over set cheesecake and smooth.
- Top with whipped cream and chocolate shavings and serve
Try These Reader Favorite Dessert Recipes
Quite a few of our Dessert Recipes have been very popular across social media. Here's a few of our readers favorite dessert recipes that we hope you'll also try!
- Hershey Pie
- Homemade Buckeyes
- Cinnamon Pretzels
- Bakery Style Brownie Recipe
- Smores Dip
- Vanilla Bean Cheesecake
- Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies
- Death by Chocolate Cheesecake
- Minion Cupcakes
- Unicorn Cupcakes
- Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes
- Oreo Brownies
- Pineapple Upside Down Bundt Cake
- Snicker Salad
- Coca Cola Cake