Green Apple Chocolate Dessert
Here’s my new favorite fall dessert to make that is literally SO easy to do! I call it caramel apple bark. You get the crisp of the fresh apples, the crunch and saltiness of the pretzels and the sweet of the caramel. Perfection. Do note that these should be eaten the same day as the apples will draw moisture overnight (don’t make the day before!) Make sure to check out my caramel apple dessert pizza too!
You can also use caramel dip that you would make caramel apples with instead of the individually wrapped caramels.
Aren’t they just gorgeous with the pop of green?! Your guests will be raving over these.
Here’s a video tutorial on making the bark:
Caramel Apple Bark
- 12 oz bag of Milk Chocolate Chips
- 1 Green apple
- 35 Individual wrapped Caramels or 13.5 oz Caramel dip
- 16 oz Bag of Pretzels
- Melt 1 ¾ cups of chocolate chips in the microwave and stir every 15 seconds until smooth.
- Pour the melted chocolate onto parchment paper and use a rubber spatula to spread it into the shape of a rectangle.
- Layer pretzels on top of the chocolate till it is covered.
- Dice the green apple and dab it with a paper towel to get rid of as much moisture as you can to prevent the caramel from becoming runny.
- Unwrap the caramels and microwave them in 15 second intervals. Stir until all melted. Mix the apples into the caramel then spread it on top of the pretzels.
- Move it to the fridge and let it sit for 30 minutes.
- Remove from fridge and melt the remaining chocolate and drizzle it on top.
- Return to the fridge for an hour then take it out and cut the bark in to bite size pieces.
- Leave the bark in the fridge until you are ready to serve it.