How to Make Homemade Pesto Sauce
There’s nothing better than basil pesto sauce over noodles or bruschetta! It’s so easy to make at home you’ll wonder why you ever bought the jar at the store.
This pesto recipe uses fresh ingredients making it more delicious than ever!
How to switch it up / Variations
You can totally play around with the ratio of the ingredients. If you love garlic, just add more.
Love some freshness? Add some lemon juice.
You can also make it with an immersion blender or traditionell mortar and pestle.
Can I make this ahead?
Yes, covered with oil the pesto stays good for at least a week – but always check before you eat it.
Can I make more?
Totally, just double the ingredients and make in batches. You can also freeze pesto. Put it into an ice cube tray so you always have small portions ready.
Basil Pesto Sauce Recipe
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- 1 garlic clove
- ½ cup grated parmesan
- 2 cups basil leaves
- ⅓ – ½ cup olive oil
- Heat up a small pan over medium heat, add the pine nuts and toast them until golden brown for 3-4 minutes (note 1)
- in a food processor blend the pine nuts with the garlic
- add the cheese and the basil leaves and about ⅓rd of the oil and blend again in short pulses (note 2)
- slowly add more oil until the desired consistency is reached (note 3)
- add salt and pepper to taste and keep covered in the fridge (note 4)
Try These Reader Favorite Dinner Recipes
Quite a few of our Dinner Recipes have been very popular across social media. Here's a few of our readers favorite dinner recipes that we hope you'll also try!