How to Make a Strawberries and Cream Drink
Here’s a lovely pink Valentine’s Day drink to make for your loved one! Also, make sure to try our sweetie martini recipe, too!
What ingredients do I need to make a mimosa?
- Sparkling champagne
- Frozen raspberries
- Half and half
- Vanilla extract
Strawberries and Cream Mimosa
- 2 bottles of sparkling champagne
- 24 oz frozen raspberries
- 1½ cup fresh or frozen strawberries
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a medium saucepan, pour raspberries and diced or frozen strawberries in pot. Turn temperature to medium/low heat. Allow berries to soften and become soupy. This takes about 8-10 minutes.
- Pour in sugar to sweeten berries. Once sugar is dissolved add in honey and stir to combine.
- Remove from heat and puree berries in a blender. Using a fine mesh strainer over a measuring cup and pour liquid through. Tap the strainer gently to push liquid through, working in small batches.
- Put seeds from the strainer into a small bowl and continue to use the strainer to separate the liquid from the seeds.
- Once all berries have been pushed through the strainer, pour some of the half & half cream through the strainer. This will allow some more of the juice from the berries to come through.
- Pour remainder of cream into the measuring cup and stir to combine.
- Add in vanilla extract and stir.
- Pour berry mixture into an ice cube tray and freeze.
- When ready to serve, add berry cubes into the champagne glass and pour champagne over the cubes. The cubes will melt making a delicious mimosa.