Egg Fried Rice Recipe
Making fried rice at home is one of my favorite things to do! It’s so easy but you have to prep the rice ahead of time. I like to make it the day before to guarantee that it’ll be dried out otherwise it’ll turn mushy when you make it.
Make your life easier and buy a bag of frozen carrots and peas to add to it!
So delicious! The whole family loves it!
- 2 tablespoon butter or oil
- 3 eggs lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 cups frozen peas & carrots
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 3-4 cups white rice cooked and cooled
- 2-4 tablespoons soy sauce
- Diced green onions for garnish
- Heat the butter or oil in a wok or large skillet over medium heat on the stove.
- Add the eggs to the pan and scramble, then remove the scrambled eggs to a separate dish.
- Add the sesame oil to the pan.
- Using a wooden spoon or spatula, gently scrape any remaining egg bits, incorporating them into the sesame oil.
- Add the frozen peas & carrots to the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes or until thawed and warmed through.
- Add the diced onion and cook for another 2-3 minutes or until the onion pieces become translucent.
- Season with salt & pepper.
- Add the rice and stir to combine all of the ingredients.
- Add the soy sauce and toss to fully incorporate and coat the rice. Continue to cook 2-3 minutes or until warmed throughout.
- Gently fold in the cooked scrambled eggs.
- Serve garnished with diced green onions and enjoy.
Try These Reader Favorite Dinner Recipes
Quite a few of our Dinner Recipes have been very popular across social media. Here's a few of our readers favorite dinner recipes that we hope you'll also try!