How to Make Rainbow Rice
My 4 year old is obsessed with playing with rice sensory bins I make him! You can practically add any small toys to create hours of fun. Even go to the Dollar Tree and grab plastic animal figurines! They also have plastic utensils that work perfectly like tongs, scoops, and cups.
Dying rice different colors is super easy you just have to be patient while it dries! My son loves the process of changing the colors. He uses the food coloring and drips it in every time. Although, after 10 minutes of dumping the rice in perfect rows, they will mix it all up to make rainbow rice! It’s still fun to get the construction vehicles out to haul it.
If you don’t have all the colors of the rainbow, just mix the primary colors together in a little jar before you dump it in the baggie of rice. Target sells neon food coloring drops too.
Have fun and make sure you always supervise small children playing with rice as they can choke.
How to Make Color Rice
For each color of rice:
- 1 cup rice
- ½ teaspoon water
- 10 to 15 drops liquid food coloring
- Place rice in a zip top freezer bag.
- To the rice, add the food coloring and water.
- Seal the bag and shake until the color is evenly distributed.
- Dump the rice on to a baking sheet covered in wax paper or aluminum foil (for easier clean up and to avoid any staining.)
- Allow the rice to dry completely before playing or storing.
Leave a Reply