This heavenly Sweet and Salty Popcorn recipe combines popcorn, pretzels, chocolate chips, white candy melts, and coconut oil for the perfect snack! It’s a sweet treat that comes together in just minutes and is great for parties.
Is there anything more addictive and satisfying than a sweet and salty, crunchy snack? I think not. This Sweet and Salty Popcorn will really hit the spot and is perfect for movie nights, watching the game, or just hanging out and kicking your feet up.
Sweet and Salty Popcorn is full of snack-time favorites like popcorn, salty pretzels, and sweet, sweet chocolate. Come to momma. And, it’s pretty much a breeze to make. When your biggest challenge is melting a little chocolate and popping a little corn, you know you are doing something right, ya’ll! My kids loved helping me make this Sweet and Salty Popcorn and the taste is out of this world. Invite your kids into the kitchen and make it a movie night tradition!
50 ways to make popcorn! (okay, 5 ways)
- On the stovetop: Add one tablespoon of oil (your choice) to a pot large enough to hold several cups of popped corn. Drop two or three popcorn kernels into the pan, cover it with a lid, and place it on your stovetop over medium-high heat. When the kernels pop, pull the pan off the heat, remove the popcorn, add 1/2 cup of kernels to the pot, and cover it with a lid again. Next, holding your pan and lid together, shake the pot back and forth on top of your burner until the popping of the kernels starts to slow. Voila, stovetop popcorn!
- Microwave it in a brown paper lunch bag: Don’t feel like turning your stove on? I get it. Take a brown paper lunch bag and toss about 1/4 cup of kernels inside. Close your bag at the top by folding it once or twice. (Use small folds because you want lots of room in the bag for your corn to pop.) Lay it in your microwave and let it pop for a few minutes. Make sure to babysit microwave popcorn so it doesn’t burn. Everyone’s microwave is different and you know those popcorn buttons are never right. Repeat until you have desired amount of popcorn.
- Store-bought microwave popcorn: If using store-bought microwave popcorn, try to go with a natural or naked popcorn for this Sweet and Salty Popcorn recipe.
- Hot air popcorn popper: These are fun and reduce the risk of you burning your popcorn. That is always a plus because no one likes that burnt-popcorn smell or taste, do they? Like the brown paper bag method, if you go this route, you aren’t using any oil and that can be good for a number of reasons including less fat, fewer calories, it’s cheaper, less messy, and there are fewer ingredients to drag out.
- Store-bought, already popped popcorn: Popcorn is EVERYWHERE right now and so if you really want to make this as easily as possible, buy pre-popped popcorn and melt your chocolate in the micro. At that point, you are pretty much just mixing and that can be really nice too sometimes.
Sweet and Salty Popcorn Ingredients
For this recipe, you’ll need:
- Popcorn, prepared (your choice of popping your own kernels or using the microwavable bags)
- Chocolate chips
- White candy melts
- Coconut oil (preferably unrefined for the best flavor!)
How to Make Sweet and Salty Popcorn
Step #1: Break off your pretzels in smaller pieces and place in a large bowl. Leave some pretzels whole for garnishing (optional).
Step #2: Prepare your popcorn according to directions. Place in a large bowl along with your pretzels.
Step #3: Using the double boiler method, melt your chocolate chips and pour over popcorn and pretzel mix. Fold so that your popcorn and pretzels are enrobed with the chocolate.
Step #4: Using a microwave-safe bowl, microwave candy melts and coconut oil in 30-second intervals. Once melted, pour over popcorn and pretzel mix in a drizzling motion.
Step #5: Garnish with your leftover pretzels and bon appetit!
More Delicious Recipes!
If you love popcorn as much as we do in our household, you’ll love these recipes:
- Homemade Caramel Popcorn + Video
- 12 Flavored Popcorn Recipes Perfect For Your Next Movie Night
- Cinnamon Pretzels
- Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes
- Hershey Pie
- Death by Chocolate Cheesecake
- Homemade Buckeyes
- Blueberry Dump Cake
- Cinnamon Pretzels
- Vanilla Bean Cheesecake
★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
Sweet and Salty Popcorn
- 4 cups popcorn prepared (your choice of popping your own kernels or using the microwavable bags)
- 2 cups pretzels
- 3 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup white candy melts
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Break off your pretzels in smaller pieces and place in a large bowl. Leave some pretzels whole for garnishing (optional).
- Prepare your popcorn according to directions. Place in a large bowl along with your pretzels.
- Using the double boiler method, melt your chocolate chips and pour over popcorn and pretzel mix. Fold so that your popcorn and pretzels are enrobed with the chocolate.
- Using a microwave-safe bowl, microwave candy melts and coconut oil in 30-second intervals. Once melted, pour over popcorn and pretzel mix in a drizzling motion.
- Garnish with your leftover pretzels and bon appetit!