Are you a fellow Hershey Sundae Pie lover? If so, come on in…I’ve perfected a Homemade Hershey Sundae Pie recipe and dying to share it with you!
So I will admit that once every few months we will pull into a Burger King. It’s not my first choice for fast food, but it’s not Taco Bell or White Castle so that’s a win in my book! The girls LOVE their Chicken Stix Fries when they have them and I do let them be kids (every once in awhile!).
As I was ordering the food (and I needed Dr. Pepper for my Spicy Pulled Pork Sandwiches since we don’t drink pop!) they were begging for a Hershey’s Sundae Pie. They had been good all week and helped me clean up the house so I obliged!
When we got home I couldn’t believe I had paid almost 3 bucks for 2 pies… again. I told myself I was letting them be kids!
But then I decided I would make a “copycat” Hershey Sundae Pie at home… and I was going to make it just as good (if not better!) than the original. The next time I went to the grocery I picked up a few ingredients and tried my hand at this Hershey Sundae Pie myself…I did have to have a couple of nibbles to find out what the heck the bottom layer was, but I “think” I got it. 😉
Alright let’s get you started on this Hershey Sundae Pie recipe. After all that is why you came here, right?!?
How to Make Hershey Sundae Pie – Step by Step
Step #1: Whisk Hershey Chocolate Pudding and 1 1/2 C of milk in a large bowl. Place in refrigerator to firm up.
Step #2: Next, start on the cream cheese layer. In another large bowl, mix the cream cheese until it softens. Add in vanilla and powdered sugar. Mix until combined.
Step #3: Spoon the cream cheese mixture into the pie crust and spread until you have an even layer. Place in the freezer to firm up.
Step #4: Make homemade Whipped Cream.
Step #5: Once whipped cream is complete, place half of it into your pudding and fold to incorporate it into the pudding. Once the pudding and whipped cream are combined, pour the mixture over the cream cheese mixture in the pie crust.
Step #6: For the final layer, repeat the process for Homemade Whipped Cream for the entire top of the pudding. Next, using a spoon, drizzle Homemade Chocolate Syrup over the top of the whipped cream. Place back into the freezer for at least 6 hours, overnight if possible.
Step #7: 30 minutes before you’re ready to serve the pie, get it out of the freezer to thaw. After 30 minutes, cut it with a sharp knife and serve!
Tips for Making Copycat Hershey Sundae Pie
- Make the Homemade Hershey Chocolate Syrup Recipe before you start the recipe. Yep, that’s a copycat Hershey Chocolate Syrup, and you’ll use it in this recipe! Over 143,000 people have shared that recipe, so I promise it’s a good one. 😉 (I include a video of the whole process!)
- To make homemade whipped cream the “old fashioned” way, check out my Homemade Whipped Cream post.
- Thaw the entire pie for about 30 minutes prior to serving. Seriously, don’t skip this step in the process. You don’t want it to be completely firm when you eat it.
Homemade Hershey Sundae Pie Video
In this video, I’ll show you exactly how I make Hershey Sundae Pie. (Try not to drool on your keyboard… it is THAT good!)
Love This Copycat Hershey Sundae Pie Recipe? Here’s a few other recipes you’ll love:
- T.G.I. Friday’s Copycat Vanilla Bean Cheesecake
- Bakery Style Fudge Brownies
- Cinnamon Seasoned Pretzels
- Smores Dip
- Chocolate Cookie Truffles
- Smore Cookie Bars
- Chocolate Pie Crust
- 1 TSP Vanilla
- 8 oz. Cream Cheese
- 3/4 C Powdered Sugar
- Homemade Whipped Cream
- 1 Hershey Chocolate Pudding Mix
- 1 1/2 C Cold Milk
- Homemade Hershey Syrup
Before you do anything, start on your Homemade Hershey Syrup. (If you are making Homemade Whipped Cream without a whipped cream maker, place bowl and whisk in freezer to prepare for the process.)
- In a large bowl whisk together your Hershey Chocolate Pudding along with 1 1/2 C of milk. Place in fridge to let firm up.
- In another large bowl mix the cream cheese until it's softened. Add in vanilla and powdered sugar, mix until combined.
- Spoon the cream cheese mixture into the chocolate pie crust and spread until you have a nice even layer. Place in the freezer to firm up, grabbing your bowl from the freezer.
Make homemade whipped cream.
Once your whipped cream is complete, place half of it into your pudding and fold to incorporate it into the pudding. Once the whipped cream and pudding are combined, pour mixture over the top of the cream cheese mixture in the pie crust.
For your final layer spread the remaining whipped cream over the entire top of the pudding. Next using a spoon drizzle the syrup over the top of the whipped cream. Place back into the freezer for at least 6 hours, overnight if possible.
You'll want to thaw the entire pie for about 30 minutes prior to serving. Once thawed, cut with a sharp knife and serve!