Hershey Pie is a rich, chocolate no-bake pie, with a taste just as delicious as the Edward’s and Burger King sundae pie! This homemade pie recipe is SO easy to make, and it’s loved by everyone who tries it!
Before you get to far, you’ll also need this Hershey Chocolate Syrup Recipe!
Are you a fellow Hershey Pie lover? If so, I’ve perfected a Homemade Hershey Sundae Pie recipe and am dying to share it with you!
What to serve with a Hershey Pie?
Every time I have served this Hershey Pie recipe, it was because I was hosting a party or Sunday Supper. What I typically serve is:
- Pulled Pork Sliders Recipe
- Steak & Chicken Kabobs
- Best Grilled Chicken
- Mexican Corn Salad
- Deviled Eggs
- Green Beans Recipe
and Texas Roadhouse Rolls never disappoint! What I like about the majority of these recipes (besides grilling the Kabobs & making the Mexican Corn Salad) are, you can make these recipes before your guests arrive!
How long can you freeze a Hershey’s Pie for?
This is a great question! I typically make these Homemade Hershey Sundae Pies a day or two in advance of when I am needing them. The longer they are in the freezer for, the more they harden and will need a longer thaw time. So, keep that in mind!
I wouldn’t freeze for any longer than two weeks. I’m sure they will be good way beyond that, but, there’s no reason to hang onto the pie!
Watch me make it live…
How to Make Hershey Pie – Step by Step
Step #1: Whisk Hershey’s Chocolate Pudding and 1 ½ cups of milk in a large bowl. Place in refrigerator to firm up.
Step #2: Next, start on the cream cheese layer. In another large bowl, mix the cream cheese until it softens. Add in vanilla and powdered sugar. Mix until combined.
Step #3: Spoon the cream cheese mixture into the pie crust and spread until you have an even layer. Place in the freezer to firm up.
Step #4: Make whipped cream.
Step #5: Once whipped cream is complete, place half of it into your pudding and fold to incorporate it into the pudding. Once the pudding and whipped cream are combined, pour the mixture over the cream cheese mixture in the pie crust.
Step #6: For the final layer, repeat the process for Homemade Whipped Cream for the entire top of the pudding. Next, using a spoon, drizzle Homemade Chocolate Syrup over the top of the whipped cream. Place back into the freezer for at least 6 hours, overnight if possible.
Step #7: 30 minutes before you’re ready to serve the pie, get it out of the freezer to thaw. After 30 minutes, cut it with a sharp knife and serve!
Tips for Making Copycat Hershey Sundae Pie
- Make the Homemade Hershey Chocolate Syrup Recipe before you start the recipe.
Yep, that’s a copycat Hershey’s Chocolate Syrup, and you’ll use it in this recipe! Over 143,000 people have shared that recipe, so I promise it’s a good one. 😉 (I include a video of the whole process!)
- To make homemade whipped cream the “old fashioned” way, check out my Homemade Whipped Cream post.
- Thaw the entire pie for about 30 minutes prior to serving. Seriously, don’t skip this step in the process. You don’t want it to be completely firm when you eat it.
Love This Hershey Pie Recipe? Here are a few other dessert recipes you’ll love:
- T.G.I. Friday’s Copycat Vanilla Bean Cheesecake
- Bakery Style Fudge Brownies
- Cinnamon Seasoned Pretzels
- Smores Dip
- Chocolate Cookie Truffles
- Smore Cookie Bars
Homemade Hershey Pie + Recipe Video
- Chocolate Pie Crust
Cream Cheese Filling
- 1 TSP Vanilla Extract
- 8 oz. Cream Cheese
- ¾ C Powdered Sugar
- Homemade Whipped Cream
- 1 Hershey Chocolate Pudding Mix
- 1 ½ C Cold Milk
- Homemade Hershey Chocolate Syrup
- Before you do anything, start on your Homemade Hershey Syrup. (If you are making Homemade Whipped Cream without a whipped cream maker, place bowl and whisk in freezer to prepare for the process.)
- In a large bowl whisk together your Hershey Chocolate Pudding along with 1 ½ C of milk. Place in fridge to let firm up.
- In another large bowl mix the cream cheese until it's softened. Add in vanilla and powdered sugar, mix until combined.
- Spoon the cream cheese mixture into the chocolate pie crust and spread until you have a nice even layer. Place in the freezer to firm up, grabbing your bowl from the freezer.
- Make homemade whipped cream.
- Once your whipped cream is complete, place half of it into your pudding and fold to incorporate it into the pudding. Once the whipped cream and pudding are combined, pour mixture over the top of the cream cheese mixture in the pie crust.
- For your final layer spread the remaining whipped cream over the entire top of the pudding. Next using a spoon drizzle the syrup over the top of the whipped cream. Place back into the freezer for at least 6 hours, overnight if possible.
- You'll want to thaw the entire pie for about 30 minutes prior to serving. Once thawed, cut with a sharp knife and serve!