One of my favorite desserts during the holidays are toffee bars. They are so delicious with chocolate and toffee bits! Whenever I put these out, they are gone within the hour, no joke.
Easy Chocolate Toffee Bars Recipe
These bars are a pretty simple recipe and so fun to make with the kids. The best part is spreading out the melting chocolate chips!
I can honestly say these are the most addicting thing ever.
Serve with a glass of milk and you’ll thank me later!
Toffee Bars Recipe
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 & ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 12- ounce bag of milk chocolate chips
- ¾ cup toffee bits
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9×13 inch baking dish with cooking spray, set aside. With a hand mixer and a large bowl or in the body of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, mix the butter, brown sugar, and egg yolk together until fluffy, about 3 minutes on medium speed. Add in the flour, vanilla, and salt, mix until just combined, scrape down the sides as needed.
- Press the dough into the greased baking dish. To make this easier, lightly wet your fingertips and press the dough into an even layer. Bake for 20-25 minutes, the crust will puff up and it is ready when it is golden brown along the edges. Let sit 5 minutes so the crust can deflate. Add the chocolate chips on top and wait until they are melted, you know they are ready when the chocolate turns glossy, about 5 minutes.
- Smooth out the chocolate with a spatula to coat the crust, I like to leave a border of crust for presentation, but that is optional. Sprinkle the toffee bits on top evenly. Let cool completely and cut into portions.
Try These Reader Favorite Dessert Recipes
Quite a few of our Dessert Recipes have been very popular across social media. Here's a few of our readers favorite dessert recipes that we hope you'll also try!
- Hershey Pie
- Homemade Buckeyes
- Cinnamon Pretzels
- Bakery Style Brownie Recipe
- Smores Dip
- Vanilla Bean Cheesecake
- Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies
- Death by Chocolate Cheesecake
- Minion Cupcakes
- Unicorn Cupcakes
- Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes
- Oreo Brownies
- Pineapple Upside Down Bundt Cake
- Snicker Salad
- Coca Cola Cake